help needed!!! summin not rite

carrington865

Member +
i noticed over last couple days that after drivin for 10+ mins that when sat idle the car lightly smokes, white. this smoke smeels slightly like bein stuck behind a bus.
also over last weekish have been having boost issues. car wont hold boost. spools to 1 bar (sometimes) then drops off instantly to ... .2 .6 its random. this also happens at random rpm's

any help grately app. rep waiting.

kieran.s gt

Member +
try changing the pcv valve first had the same issue before
as for the boost check intercooler pipes and turbo pipes for boost leaks?

Last edited:

carrington865

Member +
i pretty sure there no boost leaks have double checked.
checked coolant its still to the top of bottle which is strange coz whiteish smoke is water.

i am suspectin either the turbo is dying/dead or possible head gasket failure. it on its way out. this likely?

danturbo4311

Member +
Undertake some tests first & take it from there, you could try a compression test, block/sniff test, coolant pressure test, you can even pressurise the inlet system to check for leaks using a bike pump & a gauge to pump it up to pressure to double check for any leaks. Also try a diagnostic test see if any codes come up, has your ecu light come up at all,

carrington865

Member +
no ecu light. its strange coz the car was runnin fine then out of no where it jus went pete tong. i am goin to eurospec garage on friday to get it investigated.
is there anythin that is a common thing to look for?

carrington865

Member +
just got back from garage. the head gasket is fine. there is defo no boost leak.
put car on RR. turbo spools fine to 1 bar. held for a lil while then instantly dropped to .4 bar. the actuator works.we checked

this happened 2 days after fittin new exhaust system.

the turbo spins then its like summin holds it back. :(

gna take of the exhaust system to see if it still does it.

is there any other suggestions ppl??? plz

carrington865

Member +
yh pretty sure it is mate. when i take off the exhaust il double check.

if its not the exhaust il be trying a new turbo. most prob a tongs turbo hybrid