Help needed

gordie

Member +
Does anyone have diagrams and tutorials on turbo operation and simple DIY solutions to common problems as i want to have a go and fix my turbo tommorrow.

Jay

Admin
You need to supply more information in order to allow anyone to help mate.

Symptoms at the very least.

gordie

Member +
no boost very little if i push it, a tube over the actuator broke off it could be the prob is the actuator the unit with two tubes going in to it and a electric cable. it's down from the power steering oil container left side corner.

Jay

Admin
You are thinking of the hi/low solenoid from that description, the actuator is the metal rod attached to the turbo.

Any pictures of the snapped part?

gordie

Member +
Jay i didn't know who you were forgive me. Would you know anyone in Ireland who can sell me a hi/low solenoid?

gordie

Member +
i gues jay's gone, can you give me any info on boost controller and actuator pics would be great, i am up a creek without a paddle lol

Jay

Admin
Hey mate, you picked a bad time - it's saturday night and I had a date with some rum!

On that diagram loop the hose as shown with the green circles and you will remove the solenoid from the circuit. Should eliminate it from your investigations.

Let us know how you get on bro!

gordie

Member +
yep great diagram Jay. Q. on your diagram does the other pipe that comes off the solenoid go into the turbo and actuator? My engine setup looks a bit different but i'm getting the gist. Also i got a prob with the solenoid one of the nipples is completely broken leaving a gaping hole so looping could be a prob, i was thinking if i remove the pipe from it would that be ok. your respnse much appreciated

Jay

Admin
Yeah just leave the solenoid completely out of the loop - you won't need to loop the pipe on it. Bear in mind your hi/low button will not work in this setup.

Tell us what happens.

gordie

Member +
xcellent m8, will connect the actuator to turbo, i think i have a boost controller with a T peice so can i also connect the actuator and the turbo together through the T and the other to the bc. Any advantage in doing that? Cheers Jay me first glanza got to fix it to sell it will let you know tommorrow when i go home hope i don't have a TPS thingy prob as a quick job was done on it due to it been stretched...

gordie

Member +
:p Good news it works perfect - boosting good in 1st & 2nd. the solenoid was broken alright thanks for your help. Got one last question what is the sliver canister with a H dial on the top and is located behind the front bumber to the right it has a sliver pipe running off it, i thought it could be a undiscover nitro fuel or something any ideas, lads cheers. here it's site: glanza.awardspace.com

Last edited:

Dave.

Member +
Sure is, its part of the aircon :)

Also, where did my post here go lol, did someone delete it? Strange. Occasionally the mods do get a bit carried away with the old delete post button.

Glad to hear its fixed now mate ;)

Dave