Help Turning boost to .8 bar safely?

Mark-ep91

Member +
well lads i have a ported mani,autobahn decat,apexi catback,front mount,front mounted air filter, and hks actuator!also seviced the car too with irdium plugs!

Problem is i tried to turn the boost up to point .8 bar which i tought is safe to do under fuel cut with no fueling mods but took it for a spin and it hesitates to boost and sound like it spluttering?

could this mean i need new spark plug leads or do i need something else?

thanks in advance

Mark-ep91

Member +
What's it boosting to on the gauge?
You could be hitting fuel cut
Do you have a fpr?

hi mate i hit fuel cut when i had it adjusting too high and was getting engine manegment light now i dont gauge was reading .7 bar!dont have a fpr yet do i need one below fuel cut?really annoying problem boosting standard now

durmz

Member +
so its now just running badly? not actually hitting a cut or anything? is it missfiring yeah?

TomS

Lifer
Stay away from an fpr below fuel cut, i thought you may have fitted one and were running rich.

Are you sure it's not creeping and hitting fuel cut?, sometimes the engine management light dosen't come on when you hit fuel cut but the car will still run rich for a while after, making it feel slugish.

You could get a fpr and fcd and have it set up at 1bar, fuel cut is a pain in the arse

Mark-ep91

Member +
Stay away from an fpr below fuel cut, i thought you may have fitted one and were running rich.

Are you sure it's not creeping and hitting fuel cut?, sometimes the engine management light dosen't come on when you hit fuel cut but the car will still run rich for a while after, making it feel slugish.

You could get a fpr and fcd and have it set up at 1bar, fuel cut is a pain in the arse

no not hiitng fuel cut it like hesitates amd its like the exhaust is popping if that sence and then after a few seconds it boosts and feels fast again but its the same then when i try boost again?how much would it be to get it set p if i got fpr and fcd?

durmz

Member +
it doesnt sound like its got anything to do with boost cut to me, sounds like u have a missifire, check ure distributor cap, rotor arm, leads and spark plugs

durmz

Member +
if its only when ure boosting its likely to be the plugs getting blown out due to a weak spark, i had this just last week, above 0.5 bar itd missfire, new plugs, bkr7eix, sorted it

Mark-ep91

Member +
if its only when ure boosting its likely to be the plugs getting blown out due to a weak spark, i had this just last week, above 0.5 bar itd missfire, new plugs, bkr7eix, sorted it

thanks ,mate rep added to both of ye !ill check out the dissy,and get new leads only got new irdium plugs few weeks back!!

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
As said sounds like missfire. Check ur plugs are in right and tightened. I had similar problem before and it was water had got in the vent and down into the plugs.