Help with SAFC2 and settings

BlackVitz

Fresh Recruit
Hello...

I have connected the safc and gerrdy fcd like BENgt's diagram. Like this :

Map sensor - safc - fcd - ecu. Is that OK?

I set up the etc mode like this : pressure type in = 1 out = 1 / cylinders :4 / throttle arrow : none. Is that OK?

Finally i have one question :For example the ct9 has 1.1 boost. This boost goes to map sensor and after to Safc2. If i set a correction e.x. 10-20% the voltage boost increase for getting 10-20% more fuel but the fcd limit the boost to 0.85 (4.15 volt) and the ecu reads always 0.85 maximum. Can you explain me what is the function of Safc while fcd limits always the boost?How can ecu send more fuel with safc?

Last edited:

GTdan

In The Closet
the safc will allow you to alter the air fuel ratio (AFR), so its running rich, you can lean it out to make it run better, and vice versa.

im not sure what a map sensor does, but when i had mine set up, you needed an AFR gauge to monitor the afr and amend the fueling points accordingly.

hope this helps.

BlackVitz

Fresh Recruit
Do you have a rrfpr to increase the fuel pressure and then you lean the engine with safc?What boost have you got?

I know that safc alter the afr but after the fuel cut (0.85 bar) safc2 i think that is useless because ecu always reads just below fuel cut...ex 0.84..bar

I want to run about 1-1.1 bar on ct9 and i want to set up the Safc. Do you think i need a rrfpr or only safc will do the job>?

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
You need a manual method of increasing the fuelling instead of using the SAFC.

Normally folks will increase the fuelling with an adjustable fuel regulator then trim it down with a SAFC. This way if there is an electrical gremlin the car will overfuel - this acts as a safety device.

Jay

GTdan

In The Closet
i used to have an safc on my old motor which was a non turbo and was running to rich, so instead of having a fuel pressure regulator, installed this and got it set up on a rolling road, which worked very smilar.

Last edited:

BlackVitz

Fresh Recruit
so what can i do?

I am bying a rrfpr and lean out the engine with safc OR set up only safc of fueling at 1bar- is it possible?

Last edited:

GTdan

In The Closet
so what can i do?

I am bying a rrfpr and lean out the engine with safc OR set up only safc of fueling at 1bar?

personally i would do the rrfpr route and lean it out as advised by jay about electrical failure, may be worth waiting to see what everyone else says.

BlackVitz

Fresh Recruit
Ok thank you but i would like to hear more suggestions from the others...Is it possible to bypass The electrical failure of safc ?

and something else :the setting up must be at each gear or only at 3rd / 4rth?

Chris@CCM

Member +
Ok thank you but i would like to hear more suggestions from the others...Is it possible to bypass The electrical failure of safc ?

and something else :the setting up must be at each gear or only at 3rd / 4rth?
u cant make the car run any richer with a safc after fuel cut but as jay said if u up it with a rrfpr you can trim down the fueling with it . now days there v old hat e manage is so much better for only a small amount more money

BlackVitz

Fresh Recruit
I think it does...but there is no reason to get a safc before 0.8 bar to remove fuel cut....The best way is a jam or greddy fcd

Fishy89GT

Banned
I think it does...but there is no reason to get a safc before 0.8 bar to remove fuel cut....The best way is a jam or greddy fcd

no it cant...

SAFC's cant add fuel past fuel cut...so you set it up rich with the reg and then trim it down, not just for safety, its that the safc cant add anymore.