help!

97glanzat

Member +
i have found that i have lik on oily scum/deposits on my red cap....its almost like copper grease!...thought headgasket bt im nt loosing coolant and i have no scum on the oil cap!??
any advice as to wot it is??

cheers rep will b added!

Ooomoo

Member +
a sign the head gaskets away is the heater blower on max the air is slightly warm and on the dipstick there tends to be a white mayo goo... prob just crud dude.. just keep an eye onit tho to be safe

97glanzat

Member +
i only put this engine in during the week so ive been watching it....it seems to lik it oil:(...fill with oil, dip for petrol...if the is oil getting into my coolant i hope its my turbo as to a headgasket!

Jay

Admin
It's corrosion in the coolant, a sign of a badly neglected cooling system.

The good thing is that you noticed it mate. It can play havoc with your waterpump, radiator, heater matrix, thermostat and water channels blocking them up with brown sludge.

To cure it you will need to continually flush the cooling system until no trace of that brown shit can be seen. A lengthy process in most cases but very worthwhile doing before issues arise.

97glanzat

Member +
:(...great!lol...more hassel!...

tg its nothing bad...its jst had everthig replaced so it would b to bad then...jst flush realy well nw replace the coolant!??

rep added to both of you gents!

Ooomoo

Member +
rad flush is good to use but its very strong stuff and u`d be amazed at the crap that comes out when u drain it lol

Big_Daddy

Member +
:(...great!lol...more hassel!...

tg its nothing bad...its jst had everthig replaced so it would b to bad then...jst flush realy well nw replace the coolant!??

rep added to both of you gents!

Just stick a garden hose in one pipe and wait till the water comes out clear. ( you may want to rermove thermostat whilst doing so). do same with rad. when adding fresh coolant drain the block to remove excess water ready for new coolant, i asume you using toyota long life coolant.