HGV Class 1 Test - Passed

Well that was me back over from N. Ireland after doing my Class 1. Done the Class 2 there back in Sept and finally got teh training to pass the test there today. Such a burden off your shoulders. No particular HGV job to go to but always a handy thing to have to fall back on. Roll on the buckshee weekend runs :D

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Congrats, just don't turn into a cunt who thinks they own the road coz they're on it all the time!

Cheers guys. Never been a selfish driver and dont plan starting to either. Been rather bored lately with the pish weather meaning no moto x at weekends and no car to splash the cash on so thought go for the HGV.

If anyone is at all interested in doing it I would deffo suggest going over to N. Ireland. I know that comparing the prices with the guy I went with to the local guys here I was saving £500 and I got free digs over in N. Ireland as if I had done it here I would have needed a B&B or travelled 140 miles round trip a day..

PS: Spotted a few Starlets and the white UK plated (Ends in CMC I think?) Glanza over there.

Jay

Admin
Nice one Julien, should come in handy.

That white Glanza would have been Chris on here.

Yes Jay seen it in his Avatar. Does he work on that Boucher road, or was it Apollo? Where the B&Q is..

Belfast is such a pig of a place to drive in when the traffic is busy, lucky enough I was sent out 9am (ish) so wasn't too bad.

Its a lot of cash to outlay, espcially if paying off yor own back, as I did as I didnt want someone paying for me, especially a company, then your forced to stay with them for a year. Deffo something to have, you never know what could happen at work and if it closes always somethign to fall back on.

8 minors out of a poss 15/16 I think, not too bad :D

When your driving the artic around the bends etc you wonder how the hell people doing there car test can bang kerbs etc :s

Jay

Admin
Aye, him and I both work on Boucher Road, Apollo road is right across from him. So when are you bringing us a car transporter full of EP's from Japan then? :)

Some day when I have my own transporter :d Where abouts do you work down there? I think I seen 2 Black GT's down there or maybe kicking around down there, one was stock and one had multi spoke alloys.

Jay

Admin
Mine would be abandoned outside VW usually. Black with multispokes and bogging with dirt. :eek:

scotty01

Member +
Well done,i've done my class 2 and thats plenty big enough for me at the mo.Very handy for extra cash and always plenty work!

No work around my area for the rigid unless doing tipper work but there small companies and require you to be 26 for insurance, artic, being bigger etc is actually easier gettign work for :D