hi everyone need some help

nicholai

Member +
i am going to get a starlet gt turbo soon but i dont no much about them i was wondering if some one could be so kind to tell me some info on them like what to look for when buying one the problems they have and how fast could you get out of them lol

At the min i have a honda crx del sol VTI and as i do looking at other cars i saw the starlet turbo i think they look really cool def when they look jap so if someone could be so kind to tell me a bit about them i would really apperacate it :)

regards nicholai

sx_turbo

Lifer
there reliable providing either you buy one thats not modified, or buy one thats been modified well.

as for majour problems as far as i'm aware there isn't any, the turbos only really last about 70,000 miles, but wholey depends on wot sort of life the car has had.

through personal experiance, you would be best buying off some one on this site, that way you definately gonna get a well looked aftyer motor.

nicholai

Member +
hello all

i am going to buy a starlet turbo soon and what is the first couple of mods that you recommend that i should do to it

Also what is the better startlet turbo to get the 1993 look or the 1997 look

regards nicholai:)

sx_turbo

Lifer
i am going to buy a starlet turbo soon and what is the first couple of mods that you recommend that i should do to it

Also what is the better startlet turbo to get the 1993 look or the 1997 look

regards nicholai:)

looks wise it's personal preference.

mods- should be to sort ot the suspension and brakes first, but also depends on wot car you will buy.

i would try and get a starlet that has the suspension modifications done to it but with no engine mods.

tosa2tosa

Member +
looks wise it's personal preference.

mods- should be to sort ot the suspension and brakes first, but also depends on wot car you will buy.

i would try and get a starlet that has the suspension modifications done to it but with no engine mods.

id second that
Having a full sports exhaust system is fine though
try to make sure the boost hasnt been messed around too
getting one that has plenty of styling mods is good
eg. dif bumpers/alloys/seats/steering wheel
will save u lots of money but shouldnt take away any reliabilty

sx_turbo

Lifer
the suspention what is up with them on this car does it not like to stick to the road proply

if standard then it can catch you out, it is good but no where near good enough by modern standards. also if standard these things sit so high they can be mistaken for being 4x4's at times lol.