hit a curb in my car now camber is out?

bower

Fresh Recruit
recently due to the bad weather i slid into a curb at about 5mph, it was still a nasty knock and the car wasnt right after so i got it on the ramp and there was nothing noticable so anyway i put new wishbones and balljoints on both sides, the camber did look better but still doesnt look perfect will getting it tracked up adjust camber also ??? or does anyone have any idea what else could be damaged thanks luke

starletjosh

Member +
unlikely but it could of bent your hub
at work we had a polo that hit a curb knackered wishbone sterring arm and then we found the hub was slightly bent
it was aonly a tiny bend but it made a noticeable difference

yes it would need all cambers Castor's wheel alignment set again
u may have bent a hub but ull no when u get it on the 4 wheel laser gauges as there will be one side miles out also did u not damage a wheel ?

Jay

Admin
Camber and alignment can be upset in any minor collision/pothole impact. It's a good reason to get your vehicle's geometry checked on a yearly basis or as soon as you feel something is not right.

The replacement of shocks, springs and other suspension components can also alter the geometry so always get it checked after such work is carried out.

Jay

bower

Fresh Recruit
yes a did knack the wheel but its crap on snow think its because these cars are so light also i might try change the hub if wheel alignment shows it is out thanks for all of your replys very helpful p.s good thing i have 7 0f those wheels and a spare glanza haha:)