HKS F-CON Remapped

sam_glanz

Member +
I don't no about where you live but not many people map the f-con and people who do, charge alot of money, where snouts you from mate x

mcbeal_88

Member +
he lives around the corner from me lol were not far from glasgow.i may aswell ask the question for him, hes looking to td04 the glanza and get the fcon mapped to suit but doesnt know anywhere that does it.and we dont know what it was mapped for previously.

could a td04 kit be fitted and get the afr checked?and if need be up the fuelling with a fpr... would that run better than just a fcd n fpr on stock ecu or is it a gamble

FCONPOWERWRITERS.jpg

mcbeal_88

Member +
i think its the older one just says pfc-fcon fuel and timing computer on it black box with a graph on it.and it was found in behind the centre console, was my car before and i never knew it was there lol

I have one of those waiting to be fitted to my car and as far as I know (I probably wroong though :haha:) I dont think the can be mapped. There should be a hks map sensor with it and it uses that and the cars O2 sensor to "auto tune" the car. Im just looking at it now and there isn't anywhere to plug into it to map it. Im assuming this is the one he has

01022010012.jpg
[/IMG]

01022010013.jpg
[/IMG]

01022010014.jpg
[/IMG]

01022010015.jpg
[/IMG]

mcbeal_88

Member +
thats the one so basically its like a jam/blitz etc?it will have a diff base map and will alter itself.dont mean to hi jack neals thread but just wanna help him out :)

As far as I know, yeah. Its probably like all those ecu's (blitz, jam etc) in that it runs as rich as f**k so fueling shouldn't be a problem but i think there was different chips available depending on the setup that was in the car it was originally fitted to but i couldn't swear to that. I would definitely get the car dyno'd just to make sure though

mcbeal_88

Member +
so u recon fit a td04 kit and set it at a bar get the fuelling checked and if need be up it with a fpr and this will have a more aggresive map than the standard ecu so will prob make good power?and safer than running the standard ecu with a fpr/fcd?

It think so but I could be wrong but its DEFINITELY going to be better than just using the standard ecu. Get a new fuel pump too though, I ALWAYS advise people to change the pump if they have never changed it before.

mcbeal_88

Member +
thanks for your help mate reppd. if anyone else has info on the ecu and confirm what has been said would be much appreciated

pig666eon

Member +
these have a internal setting from 1-10 basically 10 fueling settings you set the fueling as required

there additional components such as a gcc ect that will fine tune everything to your spec

its a very good piece of kit if setup correctly it will well handle a td04 setup

with the the additional attachments i would say its on par with blue emanage

these have a internal setting from 1-10 basically 10 fueling settings you set the fueling as required

there additional components such as a gcc ect that will fine tune everything to your spec

its a very good piece of kit if setup correctly it will well handle a td04 setup

with the the additional attachments i would say its on par with blue emanage

There you go buddy, I stand corrected :). Mine doesn't have the the additional controller so I just assumed it was self learning when it came with the map sensor