Hks Fcon + Fpr with upped pressure

Pav

Member +
I need some help from you knowledgeable people.

I have read that using an hks pfc fcon ecu is best to do with the stock regulator. Apparently using higher fuel pressure confuses the fcon, but Im not sure why. Can someone explain in detail what happens to "confuse" it?

The reason I ask is, I plan to run a td04 at circa 1 bar. I currently have stock injectors and am concerned that they will be maxing out at this level of boost. My hybrid would appear to max injectors out at 1.15 bar spool up peak as boost came in, but when I upped the fuel pressure they didnt max out at all.

I was thinking of keeping my fpr and run it at 3bar which is what I have run my hybrid at 1 bar on. But I am concerned that this will interfere with the fcon which I am installing tomorrow and will be using with my td04 setup.

I have also put up a wanted thread for some 330 cc injectors, as then I can go back to the stock regulator and use the fcon without this supposed issue.

Any ideas and opinions on this?

Cheers,

Alex

Jay

Admin
The confusion lies in that the computer cannot see the extra fuel. It is set up to function at standard fuel pressure. Once you manually increase the amount of fuel then performance will be affected.

Use a stock regulator mate.

Pav

Member +
Ok mate, sounds like a plan. What if larger injectors were used (330s for instance), would this not cause the same over fueling issue or does it work differently?

Also, I have a greddy fuel cut defender wired into the cars loom, will this do the same job as the hks unit that often comes with an fcon kit (mine didnt come with one)? The hks manual tells you to wire the fcd into the fcon loom, but mine is in the stock loom. Im pretty sure there will be no difference, but just want to check.

Cheers,

Pav

Spoonz

Member +
It will control bigger injectors and wen mine was set up they put the fuel reg back to standard pressure but alot of ppl have said it worls better with standard rail.

Keeo the greddy BCC has they work better then th FCD and plus if u wire the FCD into the hks loom means if u sell it u will have to sell the fuel cut with it :)

Pav

Member +
Cool, will the FCC work fine wired into the stock loom yeh? I was just wondering if it caused any probs not being wired into the hks loom.

GT_Ben

Member +
As chris said, it would be fine with the fpr set around the stock fuel pressure!

Your going to have to set the f-con up anyway so the fuel pressure can be adjusted to suit and the best map selected!

Talk to who evers tuning it, they'l advise you best! ;)

Ben

Pav

Member +
Cheers for the help guys, as I had thought I didnt think having a regulator would cause a big problem for the fcon, it will just raise or lower the whole afr line depending on the pressure used.

I've put the stock regulator back on just now, but am tempted to go back to the fpr and up the fuel pressure a tad as Im concerned the stock injectors will max out on 2.4 bar pressure.

Does this sound like a good plan?

Now this is scary..........My mate in his paseo has just been to get his hybrid set up on the rollers. He's using fcon with gcc. The tuner said he needed a fpr to help fuelling at the top end (he also needed a pump,lol)
I have the exact same mods(apart from im running a pump) as him and looking to go to the same guy in a few weeks.So using a fpr will be ok? He could only manage to get 190bhp out it without needing more fuel.

Pav

Member +
Hmm, will upping the fuel pressure simulate larger injectors Chris?

Im looking for a gcc too, theres one on ebay in japan I may grab

Pav

Member +
Now this is scary..........My mate in his paseo has just been to get his hybrid set up on the rollers. He's using fcon with gcc. The tuner said he needed a fpr to help fuelling at the top end (he also needed a pump,lol)
I have the exact same mods(apart from im running a pump) as him and looking to go to the same guy in a few weeks.So using a fpr will be ok? He could only manage to get 190bhp out it without needing more fuel.

lol, that is a coincidence! What boost level is he running at?