Hks pfc f-con

Jay

Admin
A random one indeed but I was clearing some shelves yesterday and found two old skool F-CON's, one looks brand new in fact). Neither have the 4EFTE e-304 ROM chip unfortunately.

Can't seem to find any decent info on how easy the ROM is to change though?

Rev

Member +
I don't have the link but an old supra forum PFC -Fcon installation manual says -

The prom ( ic or chip) should never have to be removed ( see fig 1 shows location). If however, the PROM does have to be removed ( under hks supervision) NEVER touch any part of the contact pins and NEVER place the PROM on a magnetized or static electricity charged surface. NEVER remove the sticker covering the top of the prom and always install the prom so the notch in the end matches up with the notch in the end of the prom plug on the circuit board. Failure to follow these precautions will result in de programming the prom.

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Hmm.. sounds a bit dodgy Rev, my electronic skillz are laughable.

No Colin, just base units in the original packaging. Bought them via the jap auctions years ago by mistake (it was more poor advertising tbh) and must have stored them away.

Rev

Member +
Computer repairers may have the skills somehave anti static devices they attach before working on circuit boards. Reading this again I have just had to move the pfc fcon I have to keep it away from some speaker boxes that have magnets.

Phil

Super Moderator
indeed and we now have an electronic engineer guru Jay (recall the wideband fixeroo ?) though he has his arm in a sling presently, but id imagine as soon as you could source a e304 chip he would be fit and healthy.

Phil

Jay

Admin
Glad to see everyone is following my thinking here lol.

Will keep an eye out for a cheap (as chips?) chip then! Best put these both back in their boxes for a rainy day. :cool:

Cheers chaps!

Rev

Member +
Jay I just noticed Gryzor's http link has a download link for the original pdf I quoted. I heard you need the pfc-fcon map sensor as well as the chip to get fueling right with an fcon.

Jay

Admin
Yeah the MAP sensors seem to be fairly handy sourced via Ebay. Just getting a harness to suit might be costly, very few cheap used ones about unfortunately.

Oh and a GCC would be handy to have too lol.

faisalgtturbo

Member +
jay the there are 2 versions for ep82's

e304 and e311 .... as far as i am aware the e311 rom is for bigger turbos etc /the 304 is for ct9
series of turbo's

faisal

5e colin

Member +
Yeah the MAP sensors seem to be fairly handy sourced via Ebay. Just getting a harness to suit might be costly, very few cheap used ones about unfortunately.

Oh and a GCC would be handy to have too lol.

jay i have the pfc fcon socket pinout for u if u fancy hardwiring