Hmm how come?

Rik

Member +
How come my number of posts don't show up correctly when i've posted :/ It's on 9 at the moment when i've posted 23? Just something weird that i've found :p Is it an error with the site?

Jay

Admin
Posts made in the chill out room don't count mate. Will keep the site more focused on the technical side of things hopefully.

Dave.

Member +
Posts made in the chill out room don't count mate. Will keep the site more focused on the technical side of things hopefully.

hate to be picky, but posts in chill out don't count, but posts in the welcome section do?

wtf lol?

ChrisGT

Member +
Banish post counts completely imo. Just show member types, like New Paid Member, Senior Paid Member or something the like...lol

Wild

Member +
Because chill out is/can be spam wheras Welcome section allows newbz to get at least one post! :D

Dave.

Member +
lol ^

most half arsed made up reason ever? :p How about all the folk who just go "hi" in the welcome section everytime someone joins?

gay. welcome section shouldn't count, Chill out should.

Idrees

Banned
most half arsed made up reason ever? :p How about all the folk who just go "hi" in the welcome section everytime someone joins?
Well, that may encourage members to get the site a more friendly name.

For example, somebody like Cal will probably only post if the count goes up.. So he'd only say Welcome to a new member if his count went up. He wouldn't welcome them if the post didn't help his number go up, just what a few people on the site may think like!!! (And btw I think the more nice welcomes a member gets on a certain site just gives the site a more friendly look!)

Not having a dig at you or anything though Dave, just trying to make a point!

Dave.

Member +
I know what you're saying, but 10 folk all going "hi" (lets be honest, because it counts) is a bit lame :-/

On the other hand, plenty of on topic (starlet or just car based) talk goes on in the chill out room, and no counts - which is wierd, given the reason of:

"Posts made in the chill out room don't count mate. Will keep the site more focused on the technical side of things hopefully." (not having a dig Jay!)

When the welcome section is one of (the 4th, infact) biggest section on the site? (second to chill out, then the Engine/turbo/whatever forum) its actually bigger than the gearbox/bodywork/suspension/electric sections all put together lol

Wonder how much it would change if posts there didnt count? :p

Just a thought! :D

btw : love the new site - just wonder what other people think of these things?

Idrees

Banned
I do agree with you though, they should be counted. Or there should atleast be another General chat forum that counts.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
i vote for no post count shown,all paid members get to post in classifieds as it shows they have an intrest in the site.