Hmmm?

JDubz

Member +
How much boost can a glanza handle on stock internals? I got told only 9 psi, but im already boosting 12psi?

Also say i waanted to run 20 psi, i would need to upgrade my pistons etc i know that. But i also got told i need to upgrade my computer? To a $3000 1. Which seems like alot of money.

Im pretty much wanting ideas on what i should do on my car to get best performance. Already have the basic bolt on mods.

Dont wanna go out there wasting money on things that dont need to be done. Would be nice to get a 13 second glanza.

What have you all done to achive this?

sx_turbo

Lifer
max boost on standard ct9 is 1.1bar

max boost on hybrid ct9 1.2 bar

max boost on td04 1bar

all the above is on standard internals.

GT_Neil

Member +
you can get a new ecu (computer) for abut 700 fitted, which will be mapable for different setups.

Timmy

Member +
That turbo is too big on a 4e especialy when staying stock internals, you won't be able to rev high enough to keep it on boost, and you won't be able to get the potential out of the turbo. Td04 makes alot more sence.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
there was an argument about this few days ago and i think somebody with experience of a tdo5 came out saying lag wasnt a problem.. cant really remember what the thread was originally about tho
Lag is a problem, how is it not a problem, a TD05 is quite abit bigger than a TD04 and a TD04 is on the boarder of laggy, so yeah a TD05 is laggy and plus its to big for a 4e and totally pointless on a fwd.

~Nick

JDubz

Member +
Yes use are right, the turbo will be laggy. But in the long run it should help, as it will help prevent wheel spin. And should have overall more power.

Ive upgraded my manifold yes. As i got told this is what i should do.

But im wanting more ideas on what to do to achive 13 seconds. I think this is a nice goal for now.

Kelly

Member +
why does everyone say that laggier turbos will help with wheel spin?? surely they will just spin but abit later? my auto boost creeps on the gear change and therefore i dont spin until sometimes when its changing gear it spins on the gear change. surely a bigger turbo would cause spin when its kicking in?

JDubz

Member +
Hmmm yes it will still spin, but im just saying it should help alittle! As by the time is fully spoiled up i would have gained abit more speed etc!

Guess i can only run the turbo at 15 psi. As i have stock internals?