Holiday to Japan???

dac69er

Super Moderator
Looking at a holiday in Japan next year for mine and my girlfriends 40th and my stepdaughters 16th.
Looking to go for approx 2 weeks.

We are getting some ideas together of what each of us would want to try and do (unfortunately it won't be all car related).

Anyone got any tips, things to watch out for, companies to use to help plan/organise things etc?
I'm not particularly well travelled, so don't want anything too stressful to try and fathom out.

Any advice would be very much appreciated, thankyou :)

SKINY

Lifer
I actually looked at a week in Japan a few weeks ago about September time and it was tenereife for 10 days kind of price :)
You would need a few weeks/months there tho and a few 100K and containers full to ship home to properly enjoy it tho lool

Jay

Admin
Definitely on the bucket list.

A friend and his wife went a few years back and had a ball. Mario-karting through the streets of Tokyo looked like a blast so add that to the investigations!

dac69er

Super Moderator
I actually looked at a week in Japan a few weeks ago about September time and it was tenereife for 10 days kind of price :)
You would need a few weeks/months there tho and a few 100K and containers full to ship home to properly enjoy it tho lool
Definitely not that cheap. Flights are like £1000 each.
As I will be going in school holiday time, I will end up paying a premium unfortunately.

The cost isn't the issue as such, just want to get the most out of the trip as it's not the type of place I can easily pop over to a couple of time a year.

Calum122

Member +
Will be interested in seeing what you end up doing @dac69er

It's probably too rich of a country to fulfil in merely one trip. Whether it's the mountainous regions, Touges, Tsukaba Raceway, the Temples, the Cities or the multitude of other things there are to do in the JapLand.

dac69er

Super Moderator
I'm not expecting to be able to do everything.

Just some ideas, especially from anyone who has been (or lives there).
As time will be short, I want to make the most of it.

Ideal world I would travel back to the 90s and visit Japan for the cars, but I don't think we are quite at time travel yet ;)