Homemade Music Making

Tony Harrison

Member +
To all the Audio wizards out there. Home not ICE.

What is the best program available for laying down layers to make music on a Windows 7 PC? Not into all that Apple jazz so you can count that out.

Basically I bought a nuts keyboard/synth a while back with the aim of making own music but just have not got around to doing so.

So if anyone on here knows of a decent program to use, for MIDI inputs for the drums, bass and keys and the like then let me know, it will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ty.

Jay

Admin
Was looking into this recently too and was swaying towards Cakewalk but haven't bought anything just yet. Think I might just make the noise and let someone else do all the electronic voodoo as it looks rather confusing.

Jay

BoostJunkie

Member +
depending on the music you wish to make i used to use reason 3 but i never really liked it much i know a lot of folk use that program for trance and house music but i'm a hardstyle and gabber fan so am after FL studio or fl8 (fruity loops) as this program is widely used in my style of edm.

what synth you buy ? Pics ?, i'd love an alesis andromeda a6 or a acces virus ti awesome synths.

djdiller

Member +
I use Ableton live 8 & Fruity Loops 10 to make my tunes i play at gigs Tony, you can use midi on both for
everythin but i find fruity loops the best for when i was startin out first.

Hope this helps
Diller