hot weather = lag ?

ktl

Member +
can the hot weather make the turbo spool up later ? iv noticed it today first time and it is bloody hooot out there.

Ben89

Lifer
you may find that the hot weather will affect the response of your turbo, due to the air being less dense.

akis

Fresh Recruit
if you use front mount you are helping the situation but air filter sucks hot air turbo makes it even hotter so you can figure it out..
unfortunatelly summer is no good for us :-(

dac69er

Super Moderator
summers in the uk shouldnt affect it much. i only use my good GT in the summer and the response is great.

Thats the great thing about living in Ireland. Our summers are 3 days long and we dont need water injection because there is ALWAYS water in the air :haha:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
yes, hot air will effect performance "in general" weather it be a forced induction set up or N/A.

You do notice it more on turbo cars though, you get a flatter power delivery. I always used to notice it on the starlet, on my EK9 not so much.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Why is that??

Thicker, will allow more air to hit/cool intake charge.

Personally i wouldnt waste my time as your still limited due to it being right on top of the bloody engine.(what a stupid design). I suppose for low boost it will suffice but you can tell they didnt have high performance in mind.

Anyway just go with the front mounted kit, theres plenty out there for cheap to.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Thicker, will allow more air to hit/cool intake charge.

Personally i wouldnt waste my time as your still limited due to it being right on top of the bloody engine.(what a stupid design). I suppose for low boost it will suffice but you can tell they didnt have high performance in mind.

Anyway just go with the front mounted kit, theres plenty out there for cheap to.

http://rusubaru.com/intercooler-efficiency/

It depends on the intercooler! (not it's position).

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
we have 25 c now here! imagine July!:mad:

same like us, we already have 25deg here.. this summer is being said is going to be one of the hottest/dryest weve had in a loooong time... some are saying its going to be in the mid 40s all summer long... yaay :shoot:

looks like im gonna be spending alot of time at the beach or driving around in the land rover.. as the glanza is going to be like an oven in summer :rolleyes::haha:

Kon

ramses974

Member +
same like us, we already have 25deg here.. this summer is being said is going to be one of the hottest/dryest weve had in a loooong time... some are saying its going to be in the mid 40s all summer long... yaay :shoot:

looks like im gonna be spending alot of time at the beach or driving around in the land rover.. as the glanza is going to be like an oven in summer :rolleyes::haha:

Kon

here too

Texx

Super Moderator
It reached 28°C here yesterday and 27°C is predicted for this afternoon, although we'll likely only get a week of it at the most and then it'll probably rain for the rest of the year.

lingl9z

Member +
Was 32" where I was yesterday absolutely boiling :) One thing i did remember was putting suntan lotion on my right arm so it don't burn while hanging out the window!