How Do u remove the number plate surround from a glanza bootlid, Can anyone help me

nicmcs4

Member +
hey everyone
as above, i have a spare glanza boot lid at home at the moment and i want to remove the number plate surround from it to sell as im strapped for cash.

ive tried removing the surround by undoing two 10mm nots that i saw but it seems very solid.

Can anyone give me any pointers on removing this???
thanx

GLANZA BOOOI

Member +
wat condition is it in and wat colour?? how much would u be lokkin for once ya hav it off?? or is it sold alread?? lol sorry for the like 20 questions at once haha :D

Idrees

Banned
Remove the wiper motor to access the two nuts on the inside of the tailgate, then there are 4 clips. One on each corner, just pull it off after removing the nuts. Worked for me.

Last edited:

nicmcs4

Member +
wat condition is it in and wat colour?? how much would u be lokkin for once ya hav it off?? or is it sold alread?? lol sorry for the like 20 questions at once haha :D

ur ok mate.
no its not sold.
the colour is metallic black, the surround it self is in perfect condition aswell as the paint on it. it could do with a wash and polish to get the grime off it but its near perfect.
I was going to put it up on ebay but if u want it ur more then welcome to it, as for price im not sure what these sell for so make me an offer and we can go from there.

Remove the wiper motor to access the two nuts on the inside of the tailgate, then there is 4 clips. One on each corner, just pull it off after removing the nuts. Worked for me.

thanx idrees the bootlid has no wiper in it so i already got those nuts off. cheers

Jay

Admin
If you have hands like mine access to the plastic clips can be quite limited.

Once I removed the bolts mentioned above I used a combination of a stanley knife and a pair of snips to cut the plastic clips off then there was just some adhesive left holding it onto the bootlid.

Took me several attempts and a lot of swearing to work all this out..

L900CMC

Member +
Yeh its a nightmare to get off,i used a really long screwdriver and hammer to break the clips after alot of swearing and sore hands