how low can ya go?

Mike_ep91

Member +
Rite so i've my coilovers fitted to the car and im gonna be droppiong the car over the next week or so whenver get a chance to do so.

Im looking for pics of starlets that have been lowered quite a good bit, my aim is to have the wheels well tucker up and flushed out. Love the usdm look on cars and ive not seen any ep's that have gone this route. So any pics of well lowered ep's please.

here is what im talking about with regards to usdm if people dont know what im on about

http://www.hellaflush.com/

churcherj

Member +
mines pretty low! the fronts are very close to the wheel arch, as well as the rears! can make going over bumpy roads abit of a bitch to say the least lol!

heres a few pictures:

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
ya mike this would look sexual on yours and different :rockon::rockon::rockon:

and them cars in the link

drool_big.gif

churcherj

Member +
its gonna be a pain to drive like that,did you roll the back arches yet?

i havent touched the suspension yet, only had the car since march and havent got round to raising it! its too low for the road, speedbumps are a no no really, and my frount mount piping clips on alot of things on the road, need to sort it really. personally i wouldnt drop it lower than what ive gone, your asking for trouble lol

Dan507

Member +
i plan on doing this with my EP, can't ge much lower than meisters, space the wheels and strech the tyres.

Good luck dude.

Mike_ep91

Member +
its gonna be a pain to drive like that,did you roll the back arches yet?

yeah its gonna be a bit of a pain but I want to see what I can do with it, wanna try something different and I love the look of flushed wheel fitment. Totally changes the look of a car. No they havent been rolled yet but its on the list to do. Will all be done before the wheels are spaced out.

ya mike this would look sexual on yours and different :rockon::rockon::rockon:

yeah Im looking at doing something different popsy, ideally need a set of nice dished wheels but ill work with what ive got and make it look well.

rmsnoel

Member +
HAHAHA USDM, america invents nothing, they just stole the euro-look added glitter and spinners. Over here we call that 'felt spec. Magherafelt spec. 306's with no springs and the worlds lowest toledos and bora AND evo's.

Ive had my mudflaps an inch off the ground, thats about 60mm lowered. But your going to smash your sump, your steering rods and driveshafts are totally the wrong angles, and most worrying of all your actual car will come into conteact with the road cause you to slide on your belly.

But it looks cool as sin so stiffen those springs and screw her to the weeds. Get a adjustable panhard rod to stop your rear drivers arch from scrapin your wheel

Mike_ep91

Member +
HAHAHA USDM, america invents nothing, they just stole the euro-look added glitter and spinners. Over here we call that 'felt spec. Magherafelt spec. 306's with no springs and the worlds lowest toledos and bora AND evo's.

Ive had my mudflaps an inch off the ground, thats about 60mm lowered. But your going to smash your sump, your steering rods and driveshafts are totally the wrong angles, and most worrying of all your actual car will come into conteact with the road cause you to slide on your belly.

But it looks cool as sin so stiffen those springs and screw her to the weeds. Get a adjustable panhard rod to stop your rear drivers arch from scrapin your wheel

oh ive heard of the felt spec before, fuck diesels though :haha: The Americans have the jap/euro look well and truly sorted though. its not gonna be dropped so thats its impractical with regards hitting sumps etc.

Ill lower the car enough so that the tyre is under the arch and then space out the wheel to the arch. And im well aware of the fact that ill need a panhard rod when its going that low. Cheers for the input dude.

rmsnoel

Member +
The perfect ride height rule of thumb is 325mm from your wheel centres to the top edge of the wheel arch

gglavin

Member +
also Mike I used to have mine slammed, get 195/45 tyres & you can really sit her on the road, I like the front a little lower than the back, what coilies did you get? I need to get c- spanners might borrow them off ya

Mike_ep91

Member +
also Mike I used to have mine slammed, get 195/45 tyres & you can really sit her on the road, I like the front a little lower than the back, what coilies did you get? I need to get c- spanners might borrow them off ya

Well G, Ive only recently gotten new tyres so hope to get a few more months use out of them and then i think kill go for 45's. Ideally I want to have the car sitting level all the way around, maybe a little lower at the front but not much. The way the car is sitting at the moment the rear is higher then the front and i dont like it.

I got a set of tanabe sustec pro's, quite a good coilover. There not mental stiff so I like them and theres plenty of room to drop it right down.

I got the lend of a set of c-spanners from a friend, im sure if ya need them he'll lend em on to ya.

gglavin

Member +
Well G, Ive only recently gotten new tyres so hope to get a few more months use out of them and then i think kill go for 45's. Ideally I want to have the car sitting level all the way around, maybe a little lower at the front but not much. The way the car is sitting at the moment the rear is higher then the front and i dont like it.

I got a set of tanabe sustec pro's, quite a good coilover. There not mental stiff so I like them and theres plenty of room to drop it right down.

I got the lend of a set of c-spanners from a friend, im sure if ya need them he'll lend em on to ya.

ya there good coilover man, your tyres prob wont last too long with the coilies in:p, mine dont anyway but mine are cambered :cool: ah il just buy them on ebay £12 for a set

Mike_ep91

Member +
i wouldnt go to low mike,no point building it to go fast then having to drive it slow due to the roads.

yeah thats a good point to man, it will be as low as to suit our roads. as you say no point in having the car being fast only to drive around at a snails pace.:haha:

good man brendan.

ya there good coilover man, your tyres prob wont last too long with the coilies in:p, mine dont anyway but mine are cambered :cool: ah il just buy them on ebay £12 for a set

yeah there quite good, not as harsh as i was expecting them to be. The camber is set at 0 degrees at the moment but ill be putting some negative on them very soon. no worries dude, if ya need em though let me know and ill get my hands on them if your stuck.

gv1.3

Admin
Just be careful Mike, you do see cars dropped to the ground over here all the time and they look great but remember there is a huge difference between the city streets in the US and the roads we get to enjoy in Ireland.

My glanza is pretty low and I have had to get the flexi in my exhaust changed due to a hole appearing from driving the car over speed bumps.

As for "america invents nothing" http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070806221822AAVRXOW
lol

Gotta love the hellaflush site and the top class machinery prowling around over here. I would love to bring my glanza over here and bring it to a meet, they would go mad for it.

Mike_ep91

Member +
Just be careful Mike, you do see cars dropped to the ground over here all the time and they look great but remember there is a huge difference between the city streets in the US and the roads we get to enjoy in Ireland.

My glanza is pretty low and I have had to get the flexi in my exhaust changed due to a hole appearing from driving the car over speed bumps.

yeah ill be taking that all into account when it gets dropped, big difference in the so called "quality" of our roads. Theres no flexi in my system so tha will eliminate that problem.:haha: