How much bhp will a 255lph fuel pump support

KrissyB

Member +
As above guys just curious too see how much it wil support before needing a furthur upgrade or do I just up the Fuel pressure from the RRFPR.

Cheers Kris

Just investigating a few avenues before putting the Engine back in

FUEL PUMP LOL WOULD A MOD KINDLY CHANGE IT I DIDNT PROOF READ IT OPS

Last edited:

Slinn

Member +
i dont know if it the same for starlets but my friend has a d16 civic turbo and he is running 312bhp with a 255lph fuel pump and 4 bar on RRFPR....

so i would think over 300bhp is ok but thats just from what i have seen its not a fact :D

GTdan

In The Closet
if the tm developments car was running on one then you know its fine - just looked on his site and doesnt say what fuelpump they used.

riko666

Member +
More than you'll ever need - if you consider, for example, using 550cc/min injectors on whatever setup you're using, multiply by 4, and that's a maximum flow of 2200cc/min. Now, you're never going to run at 100% duty cycle, or its not advised to (you'll destroy the injectors), so lets take an 80% duty cycle, so 1760cc/min, multiply by 60 and you get 105600cc/hour, i.e. 106.5lph, so the Walbro is oversized for your needs, as the car will physically be taking that much petrol, and the rest is just returned to the fuel tank via the return line. The 255lph pumps are used on 600bhp Supras and above, so its seriously overkill for anything we'll ever throw at them.

KrissyB

Member +
More than you'll ever need - if you consider, for example, using 550cc/min injectors on whatever setup you're using, multiply by 4, and that's a maximum flow of 2200cc/min. Now, you're never going to run at 100% duty cycle, or its not advised to (you'll destroy the injectors), so lets take an 80% duty cycle, so 1760cc/min, multiply by 60 and you get 105600cc/hour, i.e. 106.5lph, so the Walbro is oversized for your needs, as the car will physically be taking that much petrol, and the rest is just returned to the fuel tank via the return line. The 255lph pumps are used on 600bhp Supras and above, so its seriously overkill for anything we'll ever throw at them.

REPPED MY LOVE :kiss:

riko666

Member +
love you more Rickypoos, really have missed you...and your big manly hugs....and....oh, I can't continue, too explicit :eek: