How much do you pay???

ChrisW

Lifer
Just wondered how much people were paying for a standard RR Dyno session with print-outs etc? Ive been quoted £88 for a session near me, don't really know if that's good or bad?

ChrisGT

Member +
£50+vat is the usual asfaik. I paid £35 but that was on a RR day, so was a lot cheaper! £88 seems a lot, but how many runs are they giving you? Normally its 2, maybe they're giving you more?

ChrisW

Lifer
£50+vat is the usual asfaik. I paid £35 but that was on a RR day, so was a lot cheaper! £88 seems a lot, but how many runs are they giving you? Normally its 2, maybe they're giving you more?

They said it was an hours worth but didnt specifically say how many runs. I'd imagine you could get a few runs in an hour???

Adam_Glanza

Member +
for an hour you should get a fair few, you sure that isnt for tuning?

didnt take that long to tune my car on the dyno i dont think

ChrisW

Lifer
for an hour you should get a fair few, you sure that isnt for tuning?

didnt take that long to tune my car on the dyno i dont think

Well the woman I spoke to just said that a session to get torque/bhp figures etc was £75 before VAT, no mention of tuning. It was Weston Performance by the way if anyone has any experience of them?

Anywhere else in the West Midlands that has a RR?

sx_turbo

Lifer
the bloke who is going to do my car charges £80 per hour for tuning.

and £50 just for a power figure

goldenvtr

Member +
Take it to Weston mate and tell them i recomended them "Dan" might get a little discount then, it cost me £112 for my safc2 to be setup which took about hour an half

Elaine

Lifer
Are Thor Racing pretty good then?

IMO Thor provide an excellent service with extremely helpful and knowledgably staff. (This is my own personal experience)

The RR is carried out directly on the hub so you don’t loose anything and they will talk you through what they are doing.

I no there are mixed views on here about them but you find that with most places.

E :)

ChrisW

Lifer
Ok cool thanks Elaine! Just had a look on the net and they charge £70 after VAT for a RR session. It says they give you around 6 runs aswell which sounds good IMO.

Elaine

Lifer
That is good My local place give you 3 runs for £40 +Vat

When are you thinking of getting your car RR?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
A power run at Zoqdi racing in malta costs 35 Euros...

tuning on dyno costs 35 euros an hour :)

ChrisW

Lifer
That is good My local place give you 3 runs for £40 +Vat

When are you thinking of getting your car RR?

As soon as I get one of Dane's mani's I think. I would get it done asap but I dont want to be wondering what Ive gained after the mani if you know what I mean and paying again. Suppose it would be nice to see the increase but dont really want to waste money unneccessarily.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
IMO Thor provide an excellent service with extremely helpful and knowledgably staff. (This is my own personal experience)

The RR is carried out directly on the hub so you don’t loose anything and they will talk you through what they are doing.

I no there are mixed views on here about them but you find that with most places.

E :)

My personal experience is that they are a let down, I did not recieve the good service that Elaine did. Apparently they lost their decent tuner after Elaine went and before I did, so that could be the reason.