how much fuel??

GTnomez

Member +
ok, i fitted my fuel pressure regulator today but i just wana know how to tell how much feul is ruuning through with out a gauge attched?? i havent touched the adjustable screw yet but i want to know whether its running lean or too rich???

thanx

lleey2k4

Member +
You will need a gauge as far as i know, as when i received my FPR it was adjusted to 5.5bar fuel pressure, an you dont want to be running that much.

Jay

Admin
To measure the fuel pressure you will need a gauge.

Failing that get your AFR's checked with a wideband. This should be done anyway even when you know what pressure you are running.

Jay

Admin
Simple engine basics lad: you need the right amount of air and the right amount of fuel to be ignited to make optimum power.

An adjustable fuel regulator adjusts the amount of fuel mixed with the air inside your engine. Here's a small guide:

Way too much fuel = Borewash (like Burwash but not as nice)
Too much fuel = loss of performance / wasted fuel
Just right = Big smiley boost-induced grin.
Too little fuel = potential engine damage / reduced engine life
Way too little fuel = BOOM! Dead engine.

I suggest you get in contact with someone who has experience of getting it right as a wrong mix can blow a hole in your engine and your wallet.

A fuelling run with a wideband will let you see how rich/lean your mix is and you can finetune from there.

Hope that helps you understand more,

Jay

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
In basic you must not install a FPR unless you have a gauge present or a tuner with suitable equipment. It could be set to anything at the moment they are not all preset from the factory. I would remove the FPR, install the OEM one and put it back on when you have a gauge.

It may be a pain but it will ensure safety in the long run, it could be set at 7 bar you just don't know which would mean bore wash. I know it's probably not what you want to do but my advice in all honesty, better to be safe than sorry in the nicest way possible :)

T

GTnomez

Member +
lol, damn right it does!!! duely noted guys, thanks alot!!! thank you for the explanation, well lecture, ill put the stock back on 2moz, when i do get the guage, how much to i set it at? i know its 3.1 bar for 1 bar of boost right but what abt before i up the boost? or shall i wait till i get the fuel pump and actuator then set it then?? thanx again

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Hey mate,

There is no set parameter really, each engine will be slighly different. Most run from around 3.0bar - 3.5bar at idle with the vacuum line off. I would start at 3.0 bar with a gauge and set on the dyno, work from there really. The more rail pressure you can run the smaller your injectors can be but be careful as you don't really want more than 75% duty cycle in an ideal world.

Let us know how you get on.

Toby

GTnomez

Member +
okey doke but how much do i do it as stock boost?? i will change it once i get the actuator to 3.1 bar but what do i set it to as now? summit like 2 bar?

thanks again

GTnomez

Member +
how many mm is it?? its an fse reg, i think its 10mm, the the entry to the gauge has gota be 10mm?

Jay

Admin
Stock is roughly 2.3bar but that is only a guideline mate. You will need the AFR's checked via wideband to make sure it's running safe with your modifications.

GTnomez

Member +
ile adjust it to that roughly, its on temp till i get my pump n actuator then ile change it agains, thanks for the help guys