How restrictive is the standard exhaust.

Beaker

Member +
My Glanza has the standard exhaust on it with a decat pipe. How restrictive is the actual exhaust. I dont want a loud exhaust but do fancy doing the odd mod to the car. If I got an aftermarket manifold rrfpr etc and upped the boost to 1 bar would there be a big difference in power if I kept the standard exhaust compared to an aftermarket one.
I know a bigger exhaust is one of most peoples first mods but it doesnt really interest me and if it doesnt add to much, i wont bother.

Elaine

Lifer
I think there would be yes.

Standard GT hits about 135bhp. All I had was de-cat and exhaust and I made 150bhp with all the mods to run 1 bar I only got up to 175bhp

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yeah once you start getting bigger power the exhaust will be too small so will be restricting a fair bit,

you can get many exhausts that arent actually loud for the starlet,

could even get a custom one made thatll sound nice but not blow your head off

rb69

Member +
Depends what you would call loud. I've got an Apexi N1 on my Glanza and I don't think thats loud compared to some that you hear.
Like said above, maybe getting a custom system made up would be a good idea.

sx_turbo

Lifer
if you want a quiet exhaust, custom made, try hayward and scott.

they done riko's exhaust, i only heard it on idle and it was like standard, but with none of the restrictions, and looks awsome qaulity to

downside is they cost an arm and a leg, pm riko, he will give you more advice.

also they reckon you can gain upto 10hp just from the exhaust. (although i cant say i noticed this)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
if you want a quiet exhaust, custom made, try hayward and scott.

they done riko's exhaust, i only heard it on idle and it was like standard, but with none of the restrictions, and looks awsome qaulity to

downside is they cost an arm and a leg, pm riko, he will give you more advice.

make sure u have health insurance after h & s give u a quote lol.. oh & have a sofa behind u so that u dont smack urself on the floor lol :homer:

they have excellent quality but their prices are really something else :rolleyes:

Elaine

Lifer
I have a custom job on mine its not loud at all. Down side the back box looks a bit pants but the system is very good!!

Beaker

Member +
How loud are the hks high power silent. I bet there not silent but how much louder than stock are they.

sx_turbo

Lifer
make sure u have health insurance after h & s give u a quote lol.. oh & have a sofa behind u so that u dont smack urself on the floor lol :homer:

they have excellent quality but their prices are really something else :rolleyes:

maybe i should have said an arm and leg and a kidney and a lung :p

sx_turbo

Lifer
How loud are the hks high power silent. I bet there not silent but how much louder than stock are they.

my mate has one, it's silent like it says on the tin, except, when you put your foot down with full bost, they sound a bit louder and have a nice tone, but they dont drone when cruising either.

and no one will here you coming down the street lol (unless your booting it obviously)

HYBRID

I have a custom job on mine its not loud at all. Down side the back box looks a bit pants but the system is very good!!

got any pics of ur exhaust? i dont think iv seen it :( weird lol... :rolleyes:

well mine is custom... its very loud but we went for power not safety..

its like this

turbo to first foot 50mm
first foot to flexi 60mm
flexi to backbox 70mm
backbox entry 80mm
backbox exit 125mm

we made it in a scale to increase pressure before the turbo & reduce as much as possible back pressure from the end :)

the result is fantastic, but its very noisy.. :D :cool:

Elaine

Lifer
got any pics of ur exhaust? i dont think iv seen it :( weird lol... :rolleyes:

Its to ugly to show ppl Kon I do hang my head in shame when it comes to my back box :( If i was keeping the car it would be the next mod... but she is going so no point spending any more on her

HYBRID

Its to ugly to show ppl Kon I do hang my head in shame when it comes to my back box :( If i was keeping the car it would be the next mod... but she is going so no point spending any more on her

GOING?! what?! where?! when?! why?! :eek: