How soon can I have an MOT done?

EP82

Member +
Right,

I have got somebody interested in a swap with my glanza however he is only interested in the car if it has a full MOT. As far as I can remember it is due on the 23rd of september. My question is how soon before it is due can I go and have the MOT done?

Many thanks in advance guys :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
you can have another mot whenever you want! if the guy is definitely going to do the swap as long as it passes the mot, go get it done asap and then you can get the swap done ;)

but like dane said; to not loose out on any of the current mot you can do it a maximum of 28 days before the due date.

EP82

Member +
So if I wait like 4 days and get it done the new MOT will be valid from the day the old one expires?

Dane_Bristol

Member +
The MOT is valid from the most recent date mate.

So if you get it done today and your old one expires next week the start date will be today.

The old one is superseeded by the new one.

EP82

Member +
Cool, at least I know :) I will get it done asap then as im sure if I dont swap it will help with the sale of the car.

scot-ish

Member +
The MOT is valid from the most recent date mate.

So if you get it done today and your old one expires next week the start date will be today.

The old one is superseeded by the new one.

i thought ive seen a few cars advertised with 13months MOT?? how is this done??

scot-ish

Member +
i thought there was summit like that, so get the mot done a month before its due, then not again for 13months, nice lol

AzE_B

Member +
you can have it done a month before the old one expires if you want to carry on from when the old one expires if you do it any sooner it will start from then