how to avoid points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glanza Phil

Member +
just got this as an e-mail seems a pretty good loop hole to me.

I SUPPOSE ANYTHING IS WORTH A TRY IF IT HAPPENS

Just thought I would share this with you,
As you know I work in the speeding fine department in Swindon's Magistrate's Court and in the
course of my investigation into 'fines, their payment methods and how points are automatically added against drivers licences' we discovered something very interesting 'If You Get a Speeding Fine.'

This has been tried and it works.

I have tried to send this to everyone I know. I know for a fact that
it works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. We discovered that this procedure works nationwide. Read it and try it, you have nothing to lose but the points on your licence.

This is how it works:
If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your licence, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points. When you get your fine, send in the cheque to pay for it and if the fine is say, £40, then make the cheque out for £41 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a cheque for the difference, but here is the trick!

**DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHEQUE!!!** Throw it away!! Points are not assessed to your licence until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the cheque then the transactions are NOT complete. However, the system has got its money and is happy and
will not bother you any more. This information came to our attention from a very reliable computer company that sets up the standard database used by each county's computing system.

Good luck and share this with all your friends and other family members as well!!!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Doesn't work, they are not that stupid. They will return the whole cheque and possibly do you for attemting to pervert the course of justice.

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
thats fooking brilliant heard of something like this before but never tried it if you work with fines though i will definatly try it (ime not planning on going through a camera to get it teste thoughlol!:) thanks very much for the heads up mate wish i would of known about this 4months ago lol!

thanks neal

just got this as an e-mail seems a pretty good loop hole to me.

I SUPPOSE ANYTHING IS WORTH A TRY IF IT HAPPENS

Just thought I would share this with you,
As you know I work in the speeding fine department in Swindon's Magistrate's Court and in the
course of my investigation into 'fines, their payment methods and how points are automatically added against drivers licences' we discovered something very interesting 'If You Get a Speeding Fine.'

This has been tried and it works.

I have tried to send this to everyone I know. I know for a fact that
it works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. We discovered that this procedure works nationwide. Read it and try it, you have nothing to lose but the points on your licence.

This is how it works:
If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your licence, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points. When you get your fine, send in the cheque to pay for it and if the fine is say, £40, then make the cheque out for £41 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a cheque for the difference, but here is the trick!

**DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHEQUE!!!** Throw it away!! Points are not assessed to your licence until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the cheque then the transactions are NOT complete. However, the system has got its money and is happy and
will not bother you any more. This information came to our attention from a very reliable computer company that sets up the standard database used by each county's computing system.

Good luck and share this with all your friends and other family members as well!!!

Man thats an old trick that was going on here years ago it does'nt work here anymore. Do you know for sure it works dude? If they copped it here I'd say its defo copped over there.

glanzanut

Lifer
Doesn't work, they are not that stupid. They will return the whole cheque and possibly do you for attemting to pervert the course of justice.

it might not work but is worth a try as you would have nothing to lose. and they certainly would have no legal grounds to do u with attemptig to pervert the course of justice:freddy:

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB

sam the guy works for the magistrates court with fines if he says its tried and tested then he cant be that far off..... if ime going to believe anyone its him ^^ lol!

Starlet_Sam

it might not work but is worth a try as you would have nothing to lose. and they certainly would have no legal grounds to do u with attemptig to pervert the course of justice:freddy:

Yes they would, there are no reason to overpay other than to try this and get out of the points, which IS perverting the course of justice.

sam the guy works for the magistrates court with fines if he says its tried and tested then he cant be that far off..... if ime going to believe anyone its him ^^ lol!

And I've had emails from Bill Gates saying I've won a few million quid, didn't fucking happen though. Look at the first line in the first post, says it's an email he got.

glanzanut

Lifer
Yes they would, there are no reason to overpay other than to try this and get out of the points, which IS perverting the course of justice.

And I've had emails from Bill Gates saying I've won a few million quid, didn;t fucking happen though.

im soz but ur wrong, they cannot prove you didnt misread the amount the fine was or simply make out the cheque wrong. they have no way of proving malice or intent on your part.:freddy:

jam35

Member +
it doesnt work peeps they will have you up in court faster than your eps go slam you with 6 points and a hefty fine too boot just for the cheek of trying best bet to avoid points is to throw the tickets in the bin and hope it takes them longer than 6 months too chase it up only 3 in 10 get followed up hope this helps and if the police turn up on the door deny all knowledge of ever reciving a ticket.:p

Starlet_Sam

im soz but ur wrong, they cannot prove you didnt misread the amount the fine was or simply make out the cheque wrong. they have no way of proving malice or intent on your part.:freddy:

If there's reason to believe you did it to get out of points they CAN prosecute. Not many people are dumb enough to read £40 as £41 for example, and then write it out in words too.

Ryno

Member +
no, but it means you'll have to explain to a Magistrate why you felt the need to send an over payment...... i don't think 'because the guys on the internet said i'd get away with it' will fly in their books and you'll more then likely come away with a bigger fine, not to mention the costs involved and waste of your time, the court time and the tax payers money to employ all the court staff and paperwork involved!

however i do have a jar of special beans that get you off of speeding fines! :haha:

bucketep91

Member +
iv heard this 1 before, but they way i heard it was if u send 39 rather than 40 but this is 1 of the oldest trick int he book. but i thought when u et points and pa the fine you have to hand them your licsence too? i wouldnt know i just dnt pay the fines and go to court and iv been very lucky:D lol:rockon:

glanzanut

Lifer
yeah but the point is even if they believe thats what u were trying to do thats not enough to prosecute. i.e well we think u wanted this guy dead but other than that we have no evidence but your getting done with it anyway. not how it works! they can not prove it on your part so u can not be done. but we will agree to disagree on this one as neither of us are lawyers anyway. :freddy:

TomS

Lifer
I've heard of people doing that over here but now that loop hole has been closed, so not only will you get the points but you'll be an extra euro out of pocket :(

I'm not sure if the police have caught onto it yet though

Status
Not open for further replies.