how to remove aircon....

iamlegend

Member +
cheers bud for that, hmmm seems to be a bit of a nasty job
the EFI pipe will be taken off wont it?

Last edited:

iamlegend

Member +
does aircon 100% need removing if wanting a relocated filter in the pic^^^^??
seems like a right pain to remove lol

stuart

Member +
More than likely yes, if you want the filter in behind the grill you will have to remove it. Who needs air con anyways, you have coats and hats in winter and in summer you can move the windows down. :p

iamlegend

Member +
yee i never use aircon at all, it just seems like a real bitch to get off. so was wundering if it can go on any other way ?

iamlegend

Member +
decided to defently remove aircon now this weekend :) just bought a relocation filter as well. when removing a/c i need some sort of belt dont i? wht do i need?

gv1.3

Admin
you need the belt for a non air conditioned 4e... I just asked for a 1998 1.3 petrol corolla belt at my motor factors.

Spoonz

Member +
go to local garage and ask for a power steering belt for a starlet 4e without Aircon job done and the aircon is easy mate just a bunch of bolts and a couple of plugs

gv1.3

Admin
just remembered why I asked for a corolla one... they told me they had no starlet 4e belts in stock... I asked had they any for a corolla and they said yes, funny how they are the exact same part.

Spoonz

Member +
just remembered why I asked for a corolla one... they told me they had no starlet 4e belts in stock... I asked had they any for a corolla and they said yes, funny how they are the exact same part.

haha u wud expect them to be the same part numbers aswell lol