How to set adjustable panhard rod

johnnygt

Member +
Hi guys

I've fitted a used whiteline panhard rod to my car but still have more of a arch gap on the passenger rear arch but passenger driver side has hardly no gap & whilst driving driver rear wheel scrapes onto the arch

I've tried to adjust it but its a mins fuk cba with it now

Any advice or info please let me know asap

Cheers!

John

Jay

Admin
As said, it's pretty much just trial and error until you get them where you need them. Every car will be slightly/vastly different depending on suspension components, wear & tear, wheel offsets, etc, etc..

johnnygt

Member +
right right i see

ok so just to confirm

if i want to move the driver-side rear more onto the passenger-side do i take the panhard rod off from the driver-side to adjust ?? & do i lengthen it or shorten it ?

atmo i can have a 2 finger gap on the passenger side rear arch & the driver-side cant get hardly oe finger thru

need this sorted by the week end

cheers

Phil

Super Moderator
one end is reverse thread so you should need to take it off the car, spray some gunk get some heat in it loosen it all up and turn the complete centre section to adjust.

maybe im remembering adjusting mine as being easier than it was, it was up on a lift at the time.

Phil

Jay

Admin
Cannot for the life of me remember for sure but I think you lengthen the bar to push the DSR rim out of the arch.

Rory

Lifer
Lengthen to push it towards the passenger side
Shorten to pull it towards the drivers side

Easy to do as well. Roughly measure the diffirence between both sides, for numbers sake its 10mm
Divide this by 2 which gives 5mm (10/2=5) Remember you need to split the diffirence so it sits in the middle.
This is how much to need to adjust your rod by.

Simples.

Rory