How to set fpr?

jimmer

Member +
Hi folks, been a while since i was on here, lol buyin a house takes all of your time, and the added factor of having to use other peoples internet as mine isn't goin yet :-(

ANYWAY, lol, what i wanted to know is how you can tell what way to set your fpr to start the car? Basically my car was tuned to run a hybrid, etc and used very high fuel pressure, now i have returned it to near standard, i don't know how much to turn the fuel pressure down by to start the car, if i don't turn it down enough it will flood, but equally i don't wanna turn it down too much and it run lean straight away. Once i can get it started then the wideband will be on to set up on the road, but its getting to that point i want to sort first lol.
Any ideas?

Ted

Member +
hi mate, long time no see. std fuel pressure is 2.3 bar if youre using a guage to set it.

Phil

Super Moderator
why so? i thought it was comman knowledge that stock fuel pressure was 2.3/2.4 bar?

Phil

jimmer

Member +
Hi Ted, long time no see indeed, once the no longer as mighty GT is runnin again i'll have to get back to a meet to catch up with all the crew again lol. I would have thought it was lower than 3 bar cause i'm nearly sure i was runnin not much over that when the injectors were maxed out. Not 100% sure but rings a bell. I don't have a gauge, but a mate does, so he will be helpin me set the fuel pressure.

Fatman

Member +
Nope, I'm not going crazy.. just confirmed by searching a few other starlet forums. 43psi/3bar @ 0 manifold pressure.

Fatman

Member +
It really depends on when you're testing it. Due to being a rising rate design vacuum/boost will have an impact on its regulation. At 800rpm and reasonable vacuum it might very well be 2.3 bar, at sea level (e.g with the vac line disconnected) it should be 43 psi.

If I get the opportunity I will plumb in a gauge to my GT and we'll see for certain. Car's a wee way away from running though.

Jay

Admin
I can't see your fuel pressure at idle being too different between a CT9 and a CT9 hybrid. The car should start and cruise fine Jimster. A wideband can be used to test the fuelling on throttle, till then just take it handy.

drew-turbo

Member +

speedfreaq

Member +
the big difference is whether you are testing the pressure with the vacum hose connected or not...

with the vacum hose on it should read 33psi and with the vacum hose disconnected it should read 43psi...