hybrid turbo advise

Raji_boy

Member +
hi..i know there are few threads already about the hybrid turbo's but my question is when i get hybrid what are the necessary mods i need to get just to be safe. as i am bit short on money...thanks

Zen

Member +
hks acuator

air filter re-location

good map depends what ecu u got

i would say injecters aswell

oh yeh and a FCD fuel cut

Last edited:

Mikey4410

Member +
Wouldnt say injectors. Would add 255 fuel pump though to that list as i found out with my car and the hybrid i fitted 3 days ago when i got it dynoed today....

Raji_boy

Member +
atm all standard engine wise part from induction kit, also have blitz cat bk exhaust.. will have decat soon..is it necessary to upgrade ecu?

sanchez

Member +
You wont need injectors, just get a fuel cut defence (fcd) and fuel pressure regulator (fpr), and then get the fueling checked on a rolling road.

Adjustable actuator and a relocated air filter.

People say not to run more than 1bar on standard internals just to be safe :)

Raji_boy

Member +
ok if i get the fcd, fpr, relocation kit and actuator and run 1 bar..what bhp that would come up to..sorry asking too much

Mikey4410

Member +
My car hit 190bhp on hybrid today but couldnt get anymore as fuel pump werent man enough. Just picked up a 255 walbro that will be goin in tommorow.......:)

Raji_boy

Member +
1 more final question...how much do you guys racon would cost me to get all tha done..part from the turbo...cheers...many thanks for the help guys

Mikey4410

Member +
Bloke said today that an uprated ecu would be good as my car has bin setup very rich below 3k odd so that when it gets to higher top end revs it evens out to correct ratio.. Just shows that a standard ecu really wont get you the best power through the rev range.....

Zen

Member +
ok hybrid turbo £300 to £400 air filter relocation kit about £60 sard fuel thing £70 or 80.. hks acuator £50 or 60 fcd same bout £50 to 60

Mikey4410

Member +
A top mount will work but you get bad heat soak and higher charge temps...... So yes it will but not very efficient...