i could have cried!!

Timmy

Member +
someone gave you the correct advice there (for over here anyway). The council will have to payout for the wheels and repairs to the underside of your vehicle. Obviously they will counter claim off the sub cintractors doing the work.
Tho i would say the wheels are a throw away job, i think only the lip can be repaired, that looks far more extensive.

Last edited:

Guye

Lifer
If Antigua roadworks is anything like Barbados, they will fight you tooth and nail to avoid paying a cent to fix your damage. I'm so sorry for you.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Shit man sorry to hear it. same thing happened to me ages back. dented the shit out of the wheel lucky enought it didn't crack so just bent it back and all was good.

GTRob

Member +
well i've already written to the transport board, the public works dept. (who do road work), the police commissioner, and the local newspaper about it and i havn't heard anything and don't think i will.

i'm going to try and get the rims fixed, i was told that they arn't that badly damaged and are repairable, so we'll see. If not i may jus sell the whole set and order something else.

sx_turbo

Lifer
sorry to here that dude, it really sucks i know,

on the plus side though although its a pain, at least its repairable

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
fucking hell dread! thats shit! seems like u have a very helpful officer (not!!) what a twat for not even giving u an answer :shoot:

i think the local council should step up & fork out cash! ur car was perfect before hitting that hole! so its their fucking fault! these things really piss me off :shoot:

hope u get sorted with very little hassle rob!
kon

kyleglanza

Member +
can i just ask why you didnt try and slow down or stop before them?? you said 'it doesn't make sense to slow down'??

EP824U

Member +
mate thats wrong. I work in traffic management and highway maintanence and if that was me who bent my rims and scuffd my bumper I would def get shit loadsa compensation. If the ditches/holes were that big and potentially hazardous to rode uses, there should have been men at work signs, cones and arrows warning and ensuring road users dnt injure themselves. At the end of the day u cudve dun far worse to ur car and self.

GTRob

Member +
can i just ask why you didnt try and slow down or stop before them?? you said 'it doesn't make sense to slow down'??

couldn't slow down for them, damage would have been alot worse if i slammed on the brakes. the ditches were basically entire sections of both sides of the road taken out. also the foundation was already coated with tar so it was black jus like the road. there was no way i could have seen them. i was doing like 60mph when i hit them, if i hit the brakes i would have locked up, and slid into the ditch with all the weight of the car forward, i wouldn't have a bumper if i did that.

GTRob

Member +
mate thats wrong. I work in traffic management and highway maintanence and if that was me who bent my rims and scuffd my bumper I would def get shit loadsa compensation. If the ditches/holes were that big and potentially hazardous to rode uses, there should have been men at work signs, cones and arrows warning and ensuring road users dnt injure themselves. At the end of the day u cudve dun far worse to ur car and self.

maybe i need u to be working down this end to fight for me, cuz sadly thats now how things work around here. i've heard there were even pickup trucks that hit them and popped tires