I must be getting old

dazer

Fresh Recruit
I just got 570 kilometers out a tank. That must be a record and I must be getting old and sad

Rob_00

Member +
are you sure? I thought i got just over 250km off a full tank (about 200miles) which was mostly gentle driving

maybe mine reads miles now :confused:

Dave.

Member +
i think it was squeekyduck who managed to get 607 and 600 out of two tanks in a row... with a full exhaust more boost and a few cold starts...

amazing... i struggle to get 350kms out of a tank...

Dave

ChrisGT

Member +
No way! I drive fairly sensibly and just hit 240miles, 354miles is insane! well done you! Must have stayed off boost the entire time lol

Monkfish

Member +
Bollocks, they ran out of petrol after 200 miles and you pushed them the rest of the way :p

I'm lucky to see 200 miles out of a tank, but then I'm not too shy with the loud pedal :homer:

dazer

Fresh Recruit
I have a long comute on the motorway so I hardly do a journey shorter than 75 miles. Most of it would have been cruising with the occasional fun blasts but I try to get 500 KM out of every tank before I fill up. Some time I get no where near this if I am having fun

Rob_00

Member +
do you have a bigger tank? i can only get £30ish in a tank

so you must getting be about 50mpg roughly?

dazer

Fresh Recruit
Two reasons for getting the high miles this time was one, because my exhaust cam off straight after the down pipe and it was quite loud so I took it easy. The boost was going mad when I hammered it without the exhaust over 15psi. The other reason was I couldn't be bothered to fill up when the fuel light first flashed on so I drove about 75 miles with the light on

dazer

Fresh Recruit
I got about 37 Litres of juice in. I rarely fill up before the needle has gone below the empty line and I brim it so the fuel is right up to the cap this is a few more litres than if you stop filling when the pump cuts in

Beaker

Member +
I got 310 miles and the light had just come on recent trip to Cornwall from Surrey. I think I could get more if i was even more gentle. You guys must drive like loons to only get 200 miles to a tank!!!!!

stuart

Member +
The other reason was I couldn't be bothered to fill up when the fuel light first flashed on so I drove about 75 miles with the light on

'kin hell lol! :rockon:

I have a 65 mile round daily commute to work, in my Starlet I was spending £10 a day in petrol, £50 a week.... £200 a month, now I'm driving 320d bmw, costing me £25-£28 a week diesel - Daren't drive the Starlet to work lol, would burn a hole in my bank!

Good MPG, would make sunday drivers proud :homer:

stuart

Member +
Bit off topic but anyone tried the new V-power diesel? (think its called that..)

Gonna go stick twenty quids worth in the 3 series tomorrow and give it a ragging to work :)

riko666

Member +
with the 5efhe I'd get a maximum of about 320mi a tank....with the 4efte I can easily top 400mi a tank

king_stu

Member +
i get about 50mpg each week out of the little starlet. All about driving off boost and waiting for the right time to have some fun..

Monkfish

Member +
I filled up last night with V-Power again, got 215 miles off the last tank though. It's supposed to give you better economy, which certainly seems the case, but the extra price you pay for it doesn't offset it enough. Still, I seem to be getting more and more out of her all the time.