i`ve got a misfire help!!

teesside glanza

Fresh Recruit
hello everyone

my 97 glanza has got a serious misfire, the car is still totally standard. as soon as it starts to increase boost it seems to run on three cylinders. wondered if anyone has experienced this, and what was up

Toddi

Member +
I had this mate, changed my spark plugs to ngk's, sorted!

ur car should run on lo boost fine, i done this till i got it sorted mate.

hope this helps

I found wen i changed my intercooler to fromt mount wen i washed my car the very odd time water got in round the plugs and made it miss take leads off and blow out with air line just a suggestion

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I found wen i changed my intercooler to fromt mount wen i washed my car the very odd time water got in round the plugs and made it miss take leads off and blow out with air line just a suggestion

This used to happen to mine when it rained too, there's nothing stopping any water getting to the plugs via the stock scoop when the tmic is removed. Hence why I have duct taped up my scoop!:homer:

teesside glanza

Fresh Recruit
thanks

thanks for help and suggestions

now you`ve mentioned it i`ve recently jet washed the car and noticed water under the bonnet so removed spark plugs and the one for cylinder 3 was jet black but the others were fine. NGK`s getting bought tomorrow see how it goes, thanks again.