I'm coming over!!! Finally!

GTRob

Member +
Hey Everyone, been a long while since i've been on the site or even posted!
i'm finally going to be visiting London for the very first time, and a bit of europe as well.
coming over at the beginning of Sept to celebrate my 30th, and will be travelling with my wife!
not sure where in London i will be exactly, but looking to find out if there are any events or meets planned at that time that i could try and make it for!
how far is Santa Pod from London?

Never been across to this side of the globe yet so really excited. would be really cool to link up with a few fellow toyota nuts, especially the older guys from years ago when i was a regular on here.

Rob

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
If you come to Ireland i'm sure we could organize a meet around the time Rob

Ben89

Lifer
Wow havent seen your user name up here for a very long time, I remember your runx was awesome!
Santa pod isnt too far from London but it depends on what part of London your in what type of transport you'll use etc as Santa pod is in the middle the countryside with some smallish towns scattered around it. If you check there website it will tell you events for the time your coming.

GTRob

Member +
yea man, finally taking the trip across the pond.
will be in London, so i will find out from my wife where we will be and i'll try figure out something with you guys.
London for about 5days, then off to Paris, Strassberg (sp), then off to amsterdam for a few days ;) and then find our way back to London before we head home.
would be very cool if we could meet up at some drag event or drifting.

still got the runx too, about to replace MAF sensor, fuel filters, and flush injectors, so should run a bit better as the MAF has been making her run a bit rich.
have the exhaust off at the moment so sounding very rude with the odd backfire here and there :D

will try to keep in touch!

GTRob

Member +
i will be staying in Fulham, so not sure if any of you are in that area.

i'll try to remind you again closer to the time. we going to be there from the 8th-11th, then back around the 20th or so

GTRob

Member +
2 weeks to go!!

Well in two weeks time i will be heading over.
Was supposed to go to an indoor go-kart track but apparently the place had water damage and called to tell us they had to cancel our booking.
So looking for something really cool to do on my Bday when i'm up there, Sept 10th.

Would be really cool to drive a caterham or something cool like that.

Had a slight change in our plans towards the end of the trip, we'll be going back to France for the WRC stage in Alsace at the end of Sept.
That will be something to look forward to for sure. really into WRC so this will be really cool.

Anyways, would really like to meet up for a drink if anyone is in my area, or if we can set a date to meet at a pub or club.
looking forward to my first trip to London, my wife is already telling me how ppl are going to laugh cuz of my strong island accent, but its all good cuz i find some UK accents funny as well!!

AdDaMan

Member +
Lol don't worry Rob, your accent will fit in just fine in London believe me!
Nice to hear from you anyway, been a while!

GTRob

Member +
Lol don't worry Rob, your accent will fit in just fine in London believe me!
Nice to hear from you anyway, been a while!

Yea man its going to be a good trip. the longest time away from work in years too so can't wait for the nice long break away from work too. i live right next door to my office so to be completely away is going to be great!

any suggestions for placing to go out for food or anything like that?

GTRob

Member +
yea there are a few on island, not nearly as much as when i had my GT cuz alot of been written off!
But we do have a few that are built for drag, and i think a number of them are doing 11's.

This is a pic he took while he was over there mate maybe you know it

Holiday2011antigua085.jpg

danb87

South East England Area Rep
rob we are trying too organise a south east meet for around that time, hopefully get a good turn out from south east members. im around 20 mins away from that part of london, just south of croydon.

if members are happy we can get something organised which your able too get too lol.

as for resturants i like my smith an western lol or any place tht sells propper steak lol :)

GTRob

Member +
rob we are trying too organise a south east meet for around that time, hopefully get a good turn out from south east members. im around 20 mins away from that part of london, just south of croydon.

if members are happy we can get something organised which your able too get too lol.

as for resturants i like my smith an western lol or any place tht sells propper steak lol :)

I recognise the Glanza for sure, its a very clean & simple.
http://www.antiguastreetz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3857 check that link to our local forum. you'll see some nice GT's in there.

well the wife has almost every single day planned out but i'd be happy to meet up for a drink somewhere in the area.
PM me your number, i'll have a UK cell with us so i can give you a shout and we can try organise something.
cheers Dan.