Impreza STI BlobEye - Experience?

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
Impreza STI BlobEye - Experience? *pics pg3*!!

Anyone ever driven or been in one? preferably stock and with the PPP.

I can pretty much assume that it wont feel as 'brutal and raw' as my old 200hp Glanza but do they at least feel a little brutal?? hehe :p

any help much appreciated!

Last edited:
not as quick as ud think. Lag lag lag lag masive grin change gear

like all scoobies there a bit lagy but when its on boost it does pin u in the seat but ive found it short lived lol. Im not the biggest fan of them. Every time i drive one i love it but id never own one when i get out and jump in anything else i prefer.... anything else

ALaN

Member +
Not sure about blob eye but my mate has a hawk eye spec d with the ppp package and it's a fuckin animal mate. 13.5 sec quarters from the factory :D
I managed to sit with him til about the top of 3rd in a 200 odd bhp glanza but after that he was off

edit just read what's above and I totally disagree. 2.5+vf34= :D

Brendanlez

Member +
if you do buy one make sure its the prodrive, brother used to have one of these really good car to drive and everything but if you are going to give it abuse be prepared for gearboxes. Subaru 6 speed gearboxes are not all that strong :(, i know a few fellas had to switch to 5 speed... I know all 6 speeds are a little weaker than the similar 5 speeds for cars but there is a big difference in these.

This is going on what ive been told from different mates, the bro didnt have to change his

Evos are a far finer car

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
gc8 is a little too old and the new hatchback looks gash from the factory and is out of my price range.
again, evo's are out my price range and no where near as reliable as the scoob....from what i've read and heard.

rb69

Member +
IMO these are the nicest looking of the recent Impreza's.

modp_0910_05_o+2005_subaru_wrx_sti+front_view.jpg

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
couldnt agree more!

The only thing that has ever put me off impreza's is the fact they are probably the most common of all sports saloons (or whatever you wish to call them) but i guess that's because they are such a good car!

They seem to have everything really, good reliability, fantastic looks, fantastic modding potential, amazing sound, very quick .. just an all round great car, and bang for the buck .. not a lot else compares!

I think de-spoilered is a must to make it a bit different from the rest..

37jq6.jpg

rb69

Member +
I do like them without a spoiler. I think I saw a JDM one in Banzai maybe somewhere else without a spoiler and it looked fantastic.

If you are bothered about them being too common, as an alternative you could look at the Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen.

79.jpg

durmz

Member +
my favourite of the modern shapes is the hawk eye, especially the rb320, that thing is just sex

user1093_1164252856.jpg

not a fan of the blobeye meself

Great cars dude and would defo be as brutal as your Glanza I'd go as far as saying a stock sti with the prodrive pack would walk all over your Glanza.

Matchew

Member +
Trust me fella buy one and you won't regret and regarding lag, none at all I know loads of people with blobeyes and I run the same tubby as them and I get full boost by 3k max, putt a fuel pump on, panel filter and ecutek remap and you'll see 340-350bhp there brutal mate pin you in your seat car and the 4wd is fantastic but very back end happy at times. And mpg wise you'll get around 18-25 depended on how you drive it

gglavin

Member +
Great cars dude and would defo be as brutal as your Glanza I'd go as far as saying a stock sti with the prodrive pack would walk all over your Glanza.

my cousins STI is awesome, its the version 6 type R from japland. 335bhp 320ftlbs an animal

Chris@CCM

Member +
my mum has one gos ok feels good to drive to dont worry about a ppp tho just get a decat and a good remap u will see more power

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
Thanks for the replies, some good reviews there.

I'm almost certain the sti would trounce my Glanza, but i wasn't sure if it would feel as raw as the glanza, i imagine the impreza would be very refined with a smooth power delivery - i guess you're going to get that with any modern stock car.

Me and the gf have seen a house we want so i'm going to have to ditch the r34 plans and get something about half the price and save the rest for a deposit ... sucks lol :( but the sti seems the only car that ticks all the boxes...