Indian Take Away

Right me and the GF have never had an indian before so dont know what nice dishes are etc.. We know they do HOT stuff that can blow your mouth off which doesnt entertain us..

What you recommend then and can you elaborate the fancy names they use on the menu..

We like meat, IE:- Beef, Chicken etc.. Ok with sauces but dont want anything which is throat burning material..

ANy opinions on what to have?

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Chicken Tikka Massala. Beautiful dish and not at all spicy, its a creamy dish. You won't regret it!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Or if you wanna try something just a lil bit hot, get a Phaal...... have a fire extinguisher ready!

mcleod

Member +
samber is fairly hot.
and jalfrezi can be hot in some places but you can ask them to tone it down.
my girlfriend always has dahnsak and thats mild

mcleod

Member +
both have somthing different and share mate then keep doing that and you'll start to find what you really fancy mate

herbie

Member +
Chicken Kormas are nice, not hot but nice and creamy.

Quite like South Indian Garlic Chicken - strips layers off your throat lol :p

aaronw

Member +
chicken tikka masalla or korma,...thats all i really get from indians,nice and creamy like its been said.

andybill

Member +
as above korma or masal are nice, but if you want to have something bit different have a lamb tikka or chicken tikka patia (sp?) more of a sweet and sour flavour and very yummy :) dont forget the garlic naan !!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
how can you never of had indian before? i love it lol.

yea chicken / lamb tikka masala or korma for a non spicy dish,

on most menu's i think there rated of there spicyness, but im sure if you ask the waitors they will point you in the right direction!!

just dont have a vindaloo lol