info on injectors required

glanzamike89

Fresh Recruit
im running a td05 14g turbo, fmic, fpr, greddy emanage blue on low boost peaks at 8 psi i am wanting to turn the boost up wat injectors would be suited to this best im thinkin of running just over a bar of booooost.
also at wat power do i need to start thinking about forging my engine. atm mines at 186bhp atf and thats at 8 psi

cheers in advanced guys

speedvision

Member +
im running a td05 14g turbo, fmic, fpr, greddy emanage blue on low boost peaks at 8 psi i am wanting to turn the boost up wat injectors would be suited to this best im thinkin of running just over a bar of booooost.
also at wat power do i need to start thinking about forging my engine. atm mines at 186bhp atf and thats at 8 psi

cheers in advanced guys

with that turbo at 1 bar i recommend 460cc-440cc........u will want to run more boost later and these will compensate ..ur emanage will be able to tune these to the correct setting...

here is a link to my store where u can find all the injectors u need

http://speedvisioncps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=10

sam

stedee

Member +
youve got a tdo5 and not forged - are you mad

i run a blitz k1 at 1.2 bar, i am running about 215hp, there are ppl who have run about 230hp with bang on fueling but its your risk

ChrisW

Lifer
I'd say even with a nice safe tune your engine won't last long at 1 bar on a TD05! That should produce some nice power (Im guessing around 230/240?) which would ideally require forgies to run with any reliability :)!

glanzamike89

Fresh Recruit
am i mad??? lol

cheers guys. never fort i needed to forge my engine quite soo soon but its a case of better safe then sorry i think. well shes bin off the road for about a month now:( because my nice carbon bonnet decided to fly up and smash my windscreeen and f**ked my roof lol so i need some more power to cheer me up. so is there anything else u guys recomend for tht type of power

ChrisW

Lifer
That's one thing to be aware of mate because it will go all slippy once you start hitting the higher hp if it isnt strong enough, can end up being a very expensive job with the clutch itself and the labour!

Theres a whole lot more you can get out of that turbo my friend before you start to think about forging etc. Go to a decent tuner and see what they can do with it. As for injectors I wouldnt really go beyond 440's tbh as even 330's would be fine but with the bigger ones you'll be able to just tune down fuelling via your emanage hence the duty cycle on your injectors would be low. Although Id firstly recommend high flowing fuel pump such as walbro 255.

You could run a bar or so without forging, making decent power with a good tune. What are you using for boost control? If you've got a boost controller then I suggest you book in with your local tuner for a mapping session and see what they can do with your mods, you may be surprised :)

glanzamike89

Fresh Recruit
no boost control yet just set as standard boost. im only running a fpr atm so wouldnt trust goin higher boost with just that. thats y i have just orderd a emanage so i can get the fuelin spot on for more boost. what sort of boost can these turbos run. i think its from a 3000gt its def a td05 14g. im gonna go all out so i will end up forgin sooner or later just wanna no wat altimate power i can get from my set up and wat supporting mods i would need

glanzamike89

Fresh Recruit
take a look at my spec if you want to run a td05 at full whack well ;) Its in members projects/cars mate.

cheers m8

so u think big injectors r nesasary then. do u have any problems with idle etc ?
also do u think a emanage blue will be suficient for a td05 on full wack

Last edited:

stedee

Member +
its just strange you have a td05 on std internals, i`m not sure what your turbo is capable of but i think its nearly 300 horses so to run that kind of power you are defo going to get forged, bigger injectors, and lots of other goodies.

get that credit card out - lol

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
theres nothing wrong with it aslong as you dont go mad with the boost...to keep it safe mate on a standard bottom end, i would not go over 0.8 bar :)

A friend of mine has been running a greddy td05h-18g @1.1bar for the past 6months now on a stock engine.. with only a jam ecu + sard fpr... the rest (fuelling wise is stock)....

DONT underestimate the stock engine... back in the day before all you new lads started popping out most of us used to run a max of 250bhp on stock internals, without issues.. some (like me) had ran 18psi on a hybrid on a stock engine without problems for months.. as long as ur fuelling & timing are ok then u have no problems... the rest is bullshit for traders to make more money..

kon

glanzamike89

Fresh Recruit
yh there is soo many differnt views on wether or not to forge its confusin. i was talking to this bloke wen i was getting my car rollling roaded. and he had a civic jordan turbo and it made 330 bhp on standard internals he sed its all to do with the map so i think im gonna just see how much it can run on a good map before it goes pop thn forge it afterwards.

stedee

Member +
A friend of mine has been running a greddy td05h-18g @1.1bar for the past 6months now on a stock engine.. with only a jam ecu + sard fpr... the rest (fuelling wise is stock)....

DONT underestimate the stock engine... back in the day before all you new lads started popping out most of us used to run a max of 250bhp on stock internals, without issues.. some (like me) had ran 18psi on a hybrid on a stock engine without problems for months.. as long as ur fuelling & timing are ok then u have no problems... the rest is bullshit for traders to make more money..

kon

stock engine without problems for months - lol

i dont know these engines very well but cos they are 1.3s i thought they would need to be forged but yeah alot depends on the fueling etc.

i used to have a pulsar which could run 300bhp very reliably but that was a 2litre

Fishy89GT

Banned

kon

thats why i said too be safe :)

But all engines are different...some will take it, some wont...and yes the map will help aswell.