Injector question

terccraz05

Member +
Hi guys I am trying to see if any aftermarket company makes injectors 750cc for the 4e that will plug and play into the harness. I currently have 550cc and am starting to run out of injector so now I need bigger. I think thses might work LMK what you think.

Current setup 550cc

http://www.rhdjapan.com/sard-550cc-fuel-injectors-starlet-ep82-ep91-4e-fte-13351

and what I want to go to:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/sard-800cc-injector-hi-resistance-top-feed-13006

the plug looks like it might plug into the harness just fine. If anyone has any information I would apperciate it.

danyor

Fresh Recruit
750 cc injectors for 4e fte!
Are you sure?
Even 550 cc

What kind of power you looking for?

There is a formula to determina the approximate amount of fuel flow per cylinder:

Fuel flow / cc per minute/ = HP x K / C

HP=max horsepower
K=5.6 for turbo engines / 4.6 for N/A /
C= number of cylinders

Correct me if am wrong.

Last edited:

Sigma

Member +

HP=max horsepower
C= number of cylinders

Spot on ;)

To be safe, it's normally that formulae =50 ;)

It's what Mr Toyota used on the standard injectors ;)

135 x 5.6/4 +50 :)

Last edited:

terccraz05

Member +
750 cc injectors for 4e fte!
Are you sure?
Even 550 cc

What kind of power you looking for?

There is a formula to determina the approximate amount of fuel flow per cylinder:

HP=max horsepower
C= number of cylinders

Correct me if am wrong.

Actually I am running E-85. I have 550cc and when I start boosting 18 psi the injector duty cycle increases to 90% and then I slowly lean out. I want bigger I plan on pushing 22psi on the 4e. I need these larger injectors to lower the duty cycle.

starlet666

Member +
have u got a rising rate fuel reg mate? it might help a little if u get one....

im going to run e85 with 550cc injectors and a rrfpr on a gt2860rs

terccraz05

Member +
Not sure on the regulator. I think it just a standard regulator. I'll have to look into that. so at idle what should fpr be at psi wise and under boost were should it be at?

starlet666

Member +
man with e85 u will go bigger on the pressure than normal petrol and as for pressure on boost it is basically meant to b ur base pressure + what boost u run will = the fuel pressure under full boost

terccraz05

Member +
man with e85 u will go bigger on the pressure than normal petrol and as for pressure on boost it is basically meant to b ur base pressure + what boost u run will = the fuel pressure under full boost

Yeah well seems like I need to invest in a new regulator. I try that if I want to push 20psi then I would set it at what 40psi under boost or what?

sx_turbo

Lifer
my 550's are at 74% max duty cycle with my td04 hybrid@1.6bar, fuel pressure is at 3bar

so going for bigger injectors than 550's isnt to terrible.

terccraz05

Member +
my 550's are at 74% max duty cycle with my td04 hybrid@1.6bar, fuel pressure is at 3bar

so going for bigger injectors than 550's isnt to terrible.

It's not like I am shooting for 400whp lol. I trying to get 300whp on the stock 4e and the injectors are the only thing holding me back. I'll try raising the PSi level on the fuel and see if that does anything. That E-85 is great stuff but just takes a lot to make power.

sx_turbo

Lifer
i only have 240whp

if you up the fuel pressur to 4 bar on 550's you will have roughly 730cc injectors, although 4 bar pressure is the max u should run as you run risk of blowing the injector seals

A

Animal GT

am runing 1000cc on mine,e85 needs these guys..i tink mine are even on 70% duty cycle