insurance fronting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
Can someone explain to me "insurance fronting" as i have found that its alot cheaper to be a named driver on my dads policy with him being the registered keeper and also the main driver, i AM covered to drive the car, simple as, so why do people say insurance fronting? can some1 explain please? cheers 4 any help

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Thats an easy one really.

The car isnt your dads and your dad wont be the main driver so therefore your not insured and insurance becomes void.

Youll drive the car more than your dad so thus meaning he cannot be the main driver, so by you registering him as the main driver is lying to the insurance company.

Its cheaper because the insurance see it that its your dads car by saying hes the main driver, he will be driving it 99% of the time.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Because your Dad won't be the main driver, you will. Just coz it's all in his name doesn't make it OK.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
but if he was driving it more than me and it WAS HIS CAR IN HIS NAME REGISTERED TO THE DVLA AS HIS NAME, thats not fronting right?

Technically NO. The insurance will take a look at the car and could assume your the main driver if its involved in an accident with you driving, meaning they wont cover you and could be charged.

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
Technically NO. The insurance will take a look at the car and could assume your the main driver if its involved in an accident with you driving, meaning they wont cover you and could be charged.

they cant assume nothing, they cant prove i drive it more than him, thats horse shit, no matter what u say, they cant prove it, and truth is, it is his car and he would be driving it more than me, so what the fuck is wrong with that. Fuck all

insurance compnys arent stupid if it is a corsa,clio etc they prob wont be suspicious but if it a starbo,civic,pulsar etc they will be, mate you've done the crime so wait you time. get a car you can insure yourself, insure it for a year and then go from there:)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
they cant assume nothing, they cant prove i drive it more than him, thats horse shit, no matter what u say, they cant prove it, and truth is, it is his car and he would be driving it more than me, so what the fuck is wrong with that. Fuck all

Whats the attitude for? Youve asked members to help you then abuse them? Why should we waste our time in trying to help you understand IT IS ILLEGAL.

Youve just stated clearly its cheaper for insuring the car in your dads name, which means the cars yours and you tried to cover it in your name first.

Its an offence, youll be driving without correct cover.

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
insurance compnys arent stupid if it is a corsa,clio etc they prob wont be suspicious but if it a starbo,civic,pulsar etc they will be, mate you've done the crime so wait you time. get a car you can insure yourself, insure it for a year and then go from there:)

its an evo6, its his car, i would be a named driver and not the main one, therefore, theres nothing wrong with that apart from getting no NCB but that dosnt matter much

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
Whats the attitude for? Youve asked members to help you then abuse them? Why should we waste our time in trying to help you understand IT IS ILLEGAL.

Youve just stated clearly its cheaper for insuring the car in your dads name, which means the cars yours and you tried to cover it in your name first.

Its an offence, youll be driving without correct cover.

neh, its his car u fool so whats wrong with tht? nothing at all maybe ur just jelous

Iain@CRD

Lifer
its an evo6, its his car, i would be a named driver and not the main one, therefore, theres nothing wrong with that apart from getting no NCB but that dosnt matter much

Thats why there Group 20.

neh, its his car u fool so whats wrong with tht? nothing at all maybe ur just jelous

Jealous? I can insure my car legally in my own name, cant see how im jealous. Maybe you need to lose the attitude and realise members are trying to help you but telling you information which is true, might not be what you hope to here but were here to open your eyes. Thanks for wasting my time.

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
i love how people like you's always put my rep down on here. as if i care, its a fucking forum lmfao. i'll get put down as a named driver on the evo, ITS HIS CAR AND IS REGISTERED IN HIS NAME AND HE IS INSURED AS POLICY HOLDER AND MAIN DRIVER and i will only use it once a week maybe. thats not fronting. OH AND IF YOU THINK IM JUST DOING THIS TO CUT CORNERS AND U DONT LIKE THAT FACT THAT IM GETTING INSURED ON AN EV0 6 COZ ITS CHEAP, well its not its 7,700 to insure me on it therefore im paying good money so bla bla bla what ever, put my rep down some more while ur there.

churcherj

Member +
i swear everytime i log into this forum "Joe forged glanza" is posting another thread about insurance and what he can get away with, the other day it was trying to insure as a non turbo, then trying to insure a 1.4 civic with a b16a engine conversion now this.....havent you realised that you are just not gona insure a glanza v or any other powerful car with your history! these forums are for advice and youve had plenty!!

Joe_GlanzaForged

Fresh Recruit
i swear everytime i log into this forum "Joe forged glanza" is posting another thread about insurance and what he can get away with, the other day it was trying to insure as a non turbo, then trying to insure a 1.4 civic with a b16a engine conversion now this.....havent you realised that you are just not gona insure a glanza v or any other powerful car with your history! these forums are for advice and youve had plenty!!

whats wrong with using the evo once a week? fuck all and if u dont like my threads then dont open them ok

x2

TURBO2010

Member +

x3

Status
Not open for further replies.