insurance policy a mess!!

Rob_GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit
hey lads

iv got a 96 black glanza V and my insurance policy come through couple of months ago but stupidly havent checked it until now seeing all these posts.

anyway on my log book its a toyota starlet GL 5dr 'light goods vehicle' ???
and its the same on my insurance policy =| i brought from another guy in uk and i hadnt done this purposely. i brought my insurance on the net and was sure i entered everything correctly. their system didnt recognise my reg so i entered all details black 3dr jap import 1.3 turbo etc

andddd to make it even better i just got off the phone to them to try and correct all this and they dont insure imports!!! hahaha what the hell!?!?!

im with auto direct im 18 iv got 3 points, no no-claims and paying £1900 fully comp. i dread to think what its gonna go up to:( the guy on phone said they have another branch for imports so i dont know if its their online system thats cocked up or what but i get a phone call in the morning and find out whats happening. fingers crossed it wont go up =|

GTti

Member +
Try with another insurance company, try Bell, my insurance on the Starlet was not excessive with them even a few years back.

So long as you insure it correctly don't worry too much about whats on the V5, if you can just get it changed and notify the DVLA.

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
Didnt think bell did glanza's only gt's i think. Im with quinn direct and they are pretty cheap but i am nearly 22 with 2 yrs ncb.

Rob_GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit
yeah the guy i brought it off was with bell. i drove from nottingham to surrey for the car '3 and half hours' one way:p i think bell are a sister company of adrian flux who tried to rape me =|

i'l see what they say tomorrow and go from there i guess. cars isnt even on road at min anyway lol turbo seals have gone so im playing it safe :)

im 19 soon so i can try adrian flux then as they dont insure imports until your 19. speaking of adrian flux my brother (22) drove to devon today to pick up a 1989 VW caddy with a '93' corrado 2.0 in and thats only £700

cant wait for him to get back:p only 4 hours away hahaha

i do drift off track a lot sorry guys:p

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
Well adrian flux wouldnt insure me cus i had only 1 years driving exp lol and i was under 25 wtf!

EDIT: thats a good price for the caddy mate! :)

Nippon

Member +
I am with Bell. It will say starlet GT on the insurance certificate but if u explain the difference and give them the VIN number it will be fine. Been with them 3 years now. Someone ran into me during that time aswell and the repairs were all carried out with no probs. Even got a curtesy car!
MD

*EDIT* Obviously they have the year of the car aswell so they can tell by that, that its not a GT.

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
I am with Bell. It will say starlet GT on the insurance certificate but if u explain the difference and give them the VIN number it will be fine. Been with them 3 years now. Someone ran into me during that time aswell and the repairs were all carried out with no probs. Even got a curtesy car!
MD

*EDIT* Obviously they have the year of the car aswell so they can tell by that, that its not a GT.

Nice, if you dont mind saying how much do you pay? and how do you contact them? are they online?

Ryan.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
MD

see thats really weird, because ive called them and discussed it a few times, and everytime they swear blind THEY DO NOT insure glanzas, even by doing it as a gt they still refuse, oh well i guess it depends who u talk too

richglanzav

Member +
see thats really weird, because ive called them and discussed it a few times, and everytime they swear blind THEY DO NOT insure glanzas, even by doing it as a gt they still refuse, oh well i guess it depends who u talk too

lol x2 mate...ive rung them a few times and they said glanza's are not something they can insure. i even said to them that might be the case but is there no way i can get a note added to the policy to just state its an ep91 not ep82...and that i actually know people on the owners club with glanza's that are insured with u and his reply was 'cnt be mate, they must be pulling your leg' lmao.

*starlet_babe*

Member +
Perhaps if one of the guys that are insured wouldn't mind giving you their policy number you can barter a bit more. It can't be stated enough how important insurance is and to make sure its all correct and sorted. :) Diamond are pretty good for us females :) xx