intercooler pipe keeps poping off!

GT_MAX

Lifer
hi, ive got an autobahn front mount, the pipe from the turbo runs infront of the exhaust mani and gets realy warm and keeps poping off :mad:, ive wrapped my manifold to try keep the heat down, wrapped the intercooler pipes with heat reflective wrap, tryed different clamps and it still comes off! im only running .8bar of boost. any1 else had this problem?

J

*JO*

yip my boost pipe kept coming off with mine so asked on here and they guys suggested t-clamps. i got them and then thread locked the bolt and so far it has stayed in place :) turbo dave is having a look at mine tho as the pipes dont seem to line up correctly.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53844

xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Mikalor clamps FTW!

If you take off the silicone joiner, get a file and file a rough edge on the end of the pipe - this gives the silicone joiner something to grip onto reducing the chances of slipping off:)

i had that problem that pipe does not have a lip on it so the silicone joiner is just gripping a smooth surface, i got a lip welded on the end problem sorted

bildo

Member +
Try roughening up the end of the pipe and a little bit inside the joiner with a dremel or something similar. Gives it something to stick to instead of two smooth surfaces.

lingl9z

Member +
Or as a temp fix whack the silicon bit off wrap some PCV/Insulation tape round the end of the metal pipe so it's hard to get the silicon on then then use a t-clamp/jubilee/mikalor clamp and it'll stay in place :D

GT_MAX

Lifer
ok cheers all. il rough it up abit. it only ever seems to come off wen over taking aswel! embaresing!