Ireland only has 60 days left of cash left

kellygt

Member +
Anyone watching the 9 o clock news on here, apparently the Americans reckon Ireland only has 60 days worth of cash left before it goes bankrupt!!!

gv1.3

Admin
Ireland is so far fucked and people dont even realise it. Until people wake up to the IMF coming in and taking control of our country people will sit back and let Fianna Fail run wild. Do people honestly believe what they are being told about the state of the countries finances? Take the figures the government are giving the public and multiply them by a large number and thats how bad things really are.

Sometimes you have to let things fall apart so that you can start to build them back up, Irish people seem to want to do this the hard way so thats the way its gonna be. Maybe when the dust settles they will learn that the people own the country and not one political party and the next time a political party attempts to hijack the country the people might actually stand up for themselves.

bullet

Member +
Ireland is so far fucked and people dont even realise it. Until people wake up to the IMF coming in and taking control of our country people will sit back and let Fianna Fail run wild. Do people honestly believe what they are being told about the state of the countries finances? Take the figures the government are giving the public and multiply them by a large number and thats how bad things really are.

Sometimes you have to let things fall apart so that you can start to build them back up, Irish people seem to want to do this the hard way so thats the way its gonna be. Maybe when the dust settles they will learn that the people own the country and not one political party and the next time a political party attempts to hijack the country the people might actually stand up for themselves.

everytime i read one of your replies i cant help but think you are a very clever man with your fingers in a lot of pie's

JasonG

Member +

well said bud:)

kellygt

Member +
The moment this was said the response from the best government in the world "not" was we have enough money to get us through to next year, can you smell it Irish people????? As if this wasnt bad enough they then showed the students getting hammered by guards batons for holding a peaceful protest

itll get to the stage where the country will have to be evacuated completely and all of us will be spread evenly among the other eu countries!

gv1.3

Admin
itll get to the stage where the country will have to be evacuated completely and all of us will be spread evenly among the other eu countries!

It wouldnt be the first time, or the second time for that matter, that Irish people were forced to leave their own country. It is a very sad situation and depresses me every time I think about it.

kellygt

Member +
I think the problem is how do we as Irish citizens get rid of the diseased government we have at the moment and replace it with something that works??
I think George Lee summed up the problem while he was in government everything takes to long to get sorted out because theres to much bull and red tape

gv1.3

Admin
I think the problem is how do we as Irish citizens get rid of the diseased government we have at the moment and replace it with something that works??
I think George Lee summed up the problem while he was in government everything takes to long to get sorted out because theres to much bull and red tape

absolute revolution... new party, new ideals, new thinking... there is no effective opposition and that is the issue. Who do you replace a crap government with when the replacement options are all as bad.

Derek

Lifer
Me thinks its time to emmigrate. Seriously what a shambles of a government we have can you imagine what this budget will be like, with these greedy idiots trying to make up for theres and the banks stupidity.

kellygt

Member +
Just watched that video clip Dylan thats shocking I dont fully understand a lot of the terminology used but I got the jist of it its not good news for us Irish people and I agree totally with your comment above

Pete EP82

Member +
LOL...as long as iv enough money to survive, put petrol in my GT and keep my fingers crossed that mondello will stay open

i couldnt give a fuck what happens to this country!!....Apparently its fucked, so i here anyways! lol

gv1.3

Admin
no offense intended Pete but unfortunately I think the majority of people in Ireland think like you, the problem is when the L,O,L'ing has ceased and not alone have you no money to put petrol in your car but there is no petrol available in the country it will be too late to take an interest in these matters and you will be living in a third world country.

For those who dive give a fuck here is something else to infuriate you even further... thats right, they are giving themselves a bigger budget/payrise

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/divided-dail-unites-to-give-itself-a-pay-rise-2410792.html
As the country faces economic meltdown, TDs and senators are planning to improve their already plush terms and conditions.

An official estimate of the money required to run the Dail in 2011 'sneaked' through the Dail last Thursday reveals that the recession stops at the gates of Leinster House.

In a touching scene, deputies across all parties suspended hostilities and agreed to the estimates without a single objection.

The estimates reveal that the cost of a Dail which serves fewer people than the population of cities such as greater Manchester, will in 2011 come to €112,983,000 -- which represents a drop of just €1.2m (or 1 per cent) on last year's spending.

But expenditure on the perks and services enjoyed by our TDs and senators will actually increase in certain areas next year.

The cost of salaries for TDs, senators and secretarial assistants will increase, while salaries of staff like those in catering and behind the Dail bar will decrease.

The estimates for 2011 reveal that there will be an increase in the postal and telecommunications service, which allows TDs and senators to send out promotional literature to their constituents.

The budget for delegates to 'other parliamentary assemblies' has increased by 50 per cent and the 'grant in aid' for 'inter-parliamentary activities' has also increased by a whopping 40 per cent.

Even this, however, is dwarfed by the increase in the budget for allowances in respect of former members of the houses of the Oireachtas, which has been increased from €49,000 to €149,000.

At a time when pensioners fear losing entitlements such as free travel, the estimates also contain an increase of the 'grant in aid' to parliamentary pensioners from from €10,084,000 to €10,562,000, indicating that Dail and Seanad pension recipients will be unique within the country in actually securing an increase next year. The estimates also reveal that there will be a substantial increase in the Budget for televising Dail and Seanad proceedings, which provides TDs and Senators with much-desired coverage.

Though some minimalistic cuts are revealed in the anticipated expenses of TDs and senators, one source noted that "when the increases are taken in the round, TDs and senators will not be losing a penny in salaries and expenses next year''.

gv1.3

Admin
that cheese thing sums up where the country is at perfectly... imagine a couple of years ago we were the fastest growing booming economy in the world... now we are handing out free cheese to people in need for christmas. Its like something you would see in a third world country somewhere.

kellygt

Member +
that cheese thing sums up where the country is at perfectly... imagine a couple of years ago we were the fastest growing booming economy in the world... now we are handing out free cheese to people in need for christmas. Its like something you would see in a third world country somewhere.

The people in Third world countries get more than cheese though Irelands a 4th world country lol, seriously though what do you do sit back and wait for the fireworks or get on the next slow boat to China I'd love to get out of here but wouldnt have the funds needed to take my family away from this crap country it sickens me everyday to think about what kinda of future my son is going to have here