Irish Insurance 18 year old!

AE86Willy

Fresh Recruit
well lads

im lookin to get a GT Turbo for my birthday, found a lovely one to buy but its a 'Jap Import' :(

is there anyway to get insured??
are all GT Turbos in ireland imports ????

if youve a full liscence give 123.ie or quinn direct a shout and tell them that youve just gave the money for the car and theres no turning back now and ya never know what they mite do for ya;)

Foggy

Member +
Your better off gettin a bit of experience first driving or chances are you will end up on the wrong side of a ditch. Its the best advice you will ever get. Also if you insure a car with quinn for a few months then turn around a tell them you are after buying a gt by law they have to insure you. Beware they could give you a stupid quote like 4k.

JohnOBrien8

Member +
foggy is right ive been askin everyone were to get insurance etc. and all im being told is the only thing i can do is wait and get some experience under your belt!
would you consider a starlet gi/glanza S and then upgrade to a starlet gt/glanza V
think thats what im going to do...

Foggy

Member +
The glanza s is a great car so much fun to drive and unbreakable (really is) id have a na glanza anyday. I regret selling mine

JohnOBrien8

Member +
The glanza s is a great car so much fun to drive and unbreakable (really is) id have a na glanza anyday. I regret selling mine
do you know were it is now? i want one pretty standard !only found two in ireland so far and they are dearer than some of the nicest turbo glanzas on here!!:(

Last edited:

Foggy

Member +
Its in kildare afaik mint when i sold it there is a nice one on donedeal for 1600 here is my old one.
Glanza1003-1.jpg

Nothing major done few nice touches

JohnOBrien8

Member +
dats a nice motor!ye i seen two on there...one ya cant see the car atall because pics are took at night and another one has no nct..maybe ive missed one!anyway wer spammin on this thread!!:slap:

xxjack189

Member +
I paid 1800 with quinn direct when i was 18 with a full licence on my Glanza Turbo, without a no-claims bonus, was well pleased.

JohnOBrien8

Member +
I paid 1800 with quinn direct when i was 18 with a full licence on my Glanza Turbo, without a no-claims bonus, was well pleased.
on your own name or under your parents name?was this recently or before insurance companys realised what glanzas really were?
that a great quote!

Foggy

Member +
ya they are i has it insured as a 3door import quinn had no problem insuring me when i was 18