Is A Flare Illegal ???

ibz

Member +
basically we just got pulled over for a routine check. everything was legit, but as the police searched the car they found the flare in its normal position. he then said that its classed as firearms and that they could arrest us if they wanted. he however let us go but confiscated my flare.

has anyone been in a similar situation or does anyone know wether it is illegal or not as ive never heard of this before

gtadvmike

Member +
it is illegal to have pirotechnics in any vehicle i'm sure now a days well in the footwells .... definetly know that you aint really supposed to have them there and there aint no way of gettin yours back now lad (N):(

si-87

Member +
yeh been a few threads on this, it is deffo illegal, fair play fo the copper not being a nob about it! but would you really want a 10 yr old flair next to your passengers feet :p

lingl9z

Member +
Aslong as its not near my feet :) I think i'll take mine out when i get back to driving it guess its not worth the risk ^_^

rb69

Member +
Do you think it could just go off whenever with them being so old? I wouldn't have thought it would affect it?

J

*JO*

think i better remove mine then seeing my car is 19yrs old. how do you dispose of them though?x

J

*JO*

you wanna buy my flare?? lol aint they illgeal though and i cant post it lol xx

Beaker

Member +
To dispose of it, just set it off in a safe place. If I had one I would remove it as just imagine if it went off in an accident and a passenger was sitting there. BBQ legs I think

J

*JO*

how do you set it off lol can't you just take it to the police and say i have just imported the car and need to get rid of this??xx

rb69

Member +
They should be easy, mine has instructions on with a little japanese man doing.....things. Might get rid of mine now thinking if it goes off on its own.

J

*JO*

im just going to hand mine in to the police its easier lol. yeah its made me think now to tbh and also i will have two little hooks to hang my bag on lol :p xx

drew-turbo

Member +
im just going to hand mine in to the police its easier lol. yeah its made me think now to tbh and also i will have two little hooks to hang my bag on lol :p xx

lol its only a flare dont give it to the police just wait till bonfire night