Is it worth it..

CMR

Member +
I've been thinking tonight after giving the glanza its final clean and polish before hopefully someone buys it, is it worth going through with it?

No matter what I sell the car for, I will never get back anywhere near what I paid for the car and all the parts, and people seem to want to buy everything for peanuts these days I havnt had one offer near my 'minimum id accept' figure.

Should I keep the glanza as a second car for weekends and insure it third party with limited mileage?
Im in a safe job but not exactly a well paid one, so insuring a group 17 clio trophy and an imported glanza won't be pretty, especially as my NCB is used on the clio.

What would I be looking at price wise insuring the glanza as a second car, third party aged 21 with 0 ncb? (my 3 years is used on the clio)
All the major companies that do multicar policies will not insure the ep91 :( unless anyone knows of a company?

Hmm dunno what to do :(

CMR

Member +
I could but then Id have to insure the trophy with 0 ncb, almost as hard as the glanza.

I dont think its gonna be worth doing, just have to get rid.

If i had an ep82 it wouldnt be so bad as alot more companies who offer multicar schemes will insure them! cnuts :D

davehart

Member +
You could always put the Glanza off the road for a bit m8, just run the Clio around as your main car if your in two minds about selling as I'm sure you will regret it, especially with a Glanza that clean.

lleey2k4

Member +
Noway cuz when i 1st brought my starlet i had 1 years ncb which i earnt on my old fiesta, and i used that 1 years ncb to insure my fiesta with quinn and my starlet with elephant.

agreed just put the glanza off the road for a bit then if you really want it back its there rather than selling up then buying another one.

richglanzav

Member +
its a toughie that one...at the end of the day i seriously miss my glanza. will almost defo get another starlet next year when im back on my feet. but at end of the day if u rly want the clio then shift the glanza and use the money to sort the clio if u rly want it. but think hard b4 ya do it lol.

ile defo be getting an ep82 next. so much easier to insure.

*starlet_babe*

Member +
If both cars are insured with the same company they may match it across(meaning they will give you same discount but you would still start from scratch) and/or a two car discount maybe? I think you'd regret selling it but then its down to the person and only you can answer that question write the reasons for keeping it on one piece of paper and the reasons for getting rid and then chuck both in the bin and follow your heart! You only have one stab at life, we never get a second chance to live so the best way is to live for now.

xx Sammie xx

CMR

Member +
Thanks Sammie.

I think for now I am best going through with it and getting rid..otherwise i'd just be in the same situation 2 months down the line.

Just wish someone would buy it so I wouldnt be in limbo!

Sure there's more folk that could afford a godzilla, just everyone wants different things from their cars.

Also can insurance companies not back charge you for things as I'm sure I heard that about folk not declaring their points, then they find out and recharge the difference at a later date. Could be rubbish though.

Do you need to sell the car though? As if it's to raise cash for like a house right oh, but if it's for another car, I would keep it. Unless it's an 82 of course ;)