is this repairable?

Neal

Member +
IMG00561-20110818-1550.jpg

some idiot reversed into the car, any bodyshop worth their weight should be able to repair this right?

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
do you still have the other piece or it shattered?

you would probably be best trying to source out a replacement bumper, would be cheaper

Neal

Member +
do you still have the other piece or it shattered?

you would probably be best trying to source out a replacement bumper, would be cheaper

i dont see how an msport replacement rear bumper would be cheaper?

the piece shattered, id have thought any decent bodyshop would have been able to repair this!!

Neal

Member +
yeah but how difficult can it be to have that repaired without having to source a bumper?

accent_97

Member +
mask the front of it with masking tape to keep the shape take the bumber out mesh 3 times from the rear with fibre cloth and resin then jelly coat from the front

accent_97

Member +
even a female can do it : p , only takes 1- 2 hour to do it , probably for you it wouldned cost more than 15 euro if ya buy a kit as here we by fibre glass cheaper as we buy in bulk

Neal

Member +
yeah well a replacement bumper is 250 quid + paint hence why i assumed it would be alot cheaper for a decent garage to fibreglass it,smooth it and paint it!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
From an EP82 perspective, it cost about £30 for a 2nd hand bumper. Not sure what costs are for EP91, but there’s no way I could be bothered to start fucking around with fibreglass and jelly filler shit and then getting it painted.... from an inexperienced person dealing with fibreglass (not saying this guy is) but it could turn out proper shit :p

98_glanza

Member +
From an EP82 perspective, it cost about £30 for a 2nd hand bumper. Not sure what costs are for EP91, but there’s no way I could be bothered to start fucking around with fibreglass and jelly filler shit and then getting it painted.... from an inexperienced person dealing with fibreglass (not saying this guy is) but it could turn out proper shit :p

x2.i sold my ep91 rear bumper for 20 euro yesterday

accent_97

Member +
20 euro are different from buying a 250 euro bumber for 50- 70euro will be worth geting a new bumber but not more i say its only matter of opinion , its the cheif that need to decide

98_glanza

Member +
20 euro are different from buying a 250 euro bumber for 50- 70euro will be worth geting a new bumber but not more i say its only matter of opinion , its the cheif that need to decide

buyin a second hand bumper is the handiest way out of it