Jacking up front end using front crossmember?

Is it ok to jack up front end using front crossmember the bit where the bottom of the bumper and bottom of the fmic core bolts to underneath. As i just want to jack the whole front end up rather then one side at a time for when i change the oil the weekend. And wheres best place to put axle stands on glanza, the sill on the centre bit of the stand base?

AdamB

Member +
Jacked mine up there fine, aslong as you aren't going to be leaving the jack there. I put my axle stands on the anti roll bar.

Naa put the axle stands underneath, ye i thought about putting them on the ar bar but didnt no if it would bend the bar

Last edited:

A L 3 X

Member +
I put my axle stands on those guards at the front of the strengthened beams going down the chassis, just behind the Arb there should be two guards for your stands to sit, mine sit perfectly.

As for the jack, I wouldn't put it on the sill as trolley jacks tend to bend them, or the crossmember as mine slipped off and was millimetres from smashing my bumper, Id drive onto a ramp and jack it up where the lower arm wishbones meet the chassis

lleey2k4

Member +
For doing an oil change i just jack it up on the front cross member at the point where the towing loop is on the drivers side, never had a problem and must be strong enough to put a tow rope on either side.

Ye whenever ive jacked up on the sill where it lips out ive used wood ontop of the jack to spread the weight out, but i just want to jack up the whole front end as one using the crossmember saves me doing a side at a time. i think ive sin the arb bracket but putting the axle stand under that looks like itll sit well high to what i need it 2 b