Jam fcc?

jackkelly

Member +
I have a JAM FCC here and I want to boost the car .9 or 1 bar on the CT9.

I have ALL supporting mods fitted except this and a RRFPR. I read somewhere the JAM FCC doesn't need a RRFPR. But how true is this? I'll buy an RRFPR in the long run with the JAM FCC but does it really need this?

I think the JAM FCC retards the fueling and acts as a RRFPR. Anyone shed some light on this?

dac69er

Super Moderator
an electronic device cannot be a mechanical device!

you will most likely be fine fitting it and running 1 bar in all honesty, but to make sure you need to get the car checked on a rolling road or by someone with a wideband afr gauge/monitor. if you dont your just guessing and it could lead to tears.

Jay

Admin
Fuelcut happens when the ECU sees excessive boost. This is a factory safety feature designed to protect the engine.

The MAP sensor tells the ECU what the boost level is.

The FCC clamps the signal from the MAP sensor at a point below fuelcut so the ECU doesn't see it.

This effectively removes the factory safety feature so if the fuel is not there to support the boost you will damage your engine. Get it checked with a wideband and detcans before boosting it. That way you will know if you need more fuel or not. I've seen too many blown engines that could have been saved by a simple fueling check.

Jay