jam racing ecu ?

kungfu panda

Member +
hey guys need some info on this,

took my glove box of to have a peek behind and noticed i had a jam racing ecu installed

what are these like compare to the stock ecu's ??

cheers

kungfu panda

Member +
really ??

well i did think to my self mines did feel faster than my mates and we have the exact same mods and i noticed it boosts all the to 1bar !

the seller didnt tell me that lol

anyway what are these compare to stock then ??

my mods are;
jam racing ecu ! lol
gutted cat
oil catch can
hks bov
cusco BMCS
blitz air filter
hdi FMIC
trd brake pads all round
blisten coilovers
trd paddle clutch
trd flywheel
stainless steel braided brake lines
oil cooler
oil filter relocated to drivers headlight

thats i think !

but i have on order is;
stainless steel exhaust manifold
stainless steel decat pipe
hks actuator
sard FRP
apexi AVCR
ngk plugs
trd leads

do you know if the ecu will adapt to the new mods ??

cheers

aaronw

Member +
i remember when i found a jam ecu in my car,was great!! and mine was from an import garage,and he didnt know.

G6Turbo

Member +
because with a RRFPR u can alter the duty cycle of ur injectors, but the JAM ecu does that for u already, otherwise the ECU wil get confused ;)

sx_turbo

Lifer
also dont bother changing the actuator, there is no need to use the hks one.

as chances are if its running 1bar it will have a jam actuator or a tom's actuator (both look identical to stock one but have a much better and stronger spring in)

kungfu panda

Member +
also dont bother changing the actuator, there is no need to use the hks one.

as chances are if its running 1bar it will have a jam actuator or a tom's actuator (both look identical to stock one but have a much better and stronger spring in)

not had a good look at the actuator yet, but i take it the jam + tom's one have 2 outlets as well (same as stock) ?

if so, how do i go round fitting my AVCR ?
i know the actuator pipe goes to the sensor, the turbo pipe goes to the sonsor. but what do i do for the extra outlet on the actuator ??

cheers

Tony Harrison

Member +
Bit of a newb question this guys.

I know that my starbo goes quicker than the 180Kph it has on the clock, just trust me lol, so i presume it will have a SLD somehwere right?? But iv had a mooch under the dash recently and cant find owt that resembles such a device. And iv not got a proper boost gauge yet so cant tell ya if im still running under the Fuel Cut, but it feels faster than what i expect 133bhp would. Any way, out of curiosty reading about all these people finding shit hot ECUs under glove box was thinking, how would i go about finding the ECU? I had the glove box out the other day, but couldnt find owt ECU like. So if some one could idiot guide me to the location, id very much like that thanks.

Tyler

kungfu panda

Member +
Bit of a newb question this guys.

I know that my starbo goes quicker than the 180Kph it has on the clock, just trust me lol, so i presume it will have a SLD somehwere right?? But iv had a mooch under the dash recently and cant find owt that resembles such a device. And iv not got a proper boost gauge yet so cant tell ya if im still running under the Fuel Cut, but it feels faster than what i expect 133bhp would. Any way, out of curiosty reading about all these people finding shit hot ECUs under glove box was thinking, how would i go about finding the ECU? I had the glove box out the other day, but couldnt find owt ECU like. So if some one could idiot guide me to the location, id very much like that thanks.

Tyler

take the glovebox out and the ecu is right in front of you, you cant miss is it, that is for the V am not 100% sure for the GT

i will try and get a pic for you to show where i am talking about

monka

Member +
just because it goes past 180 doesnt mean its not restricted,
how far past do you get, 180 km is about 112, yet i had mine on gps at 121 when the speed cut kicked in, it will always go abit past