Jimmer is back lol

jimmer

Member +
Hi folks, i would like to say happy new year to all and whats the craic lol? I haven't been on here in a proper long time really, and the time has now come that i'm en route back to the scene. I bought a house last april and decided to keep the starlet in hybernation untill i was back on my feet, which was longer than expected. She is sittin in my folks garage and have been tinkering away slowly puttin her back to standard. Once i had everything sold, it was hard to get the motivation to build up a car that was standard after it was doin 13 sec qtr miles lol. But i am settled into the house and have started to build her back up, only got a few things to connect up and then the attempts to start her and get ready for the road, MOT, etc lol. Wont be easy cause most things have been stripped off and gettin origional parts has been a pain cause i didn't have the majority of them. But i couldn't thank jay more, he has always been a help and has really been the best help gettin things goin again. So hopefully within the next month or two i will be back out in good ol faithful lol :) look forward to seein y'all again soon :)

P.S. diesels are boring as FUCK!!!!!! lol :shoot:

jimmer

Member +
yeah she deffo did, which is the hardest part of puttin her back to standard :-( no more smokin skylines,STI's, evo's, 911's, etc. But i will be back in good ol faithful! Which is the main upside :) Can't wait!! Already plans are forming, once she is on the road again its as standard as she has been in a loooonnnng time lol. Will be rockin an air filter, fcd, fpr, tein springs an kyb shocks, oh an couldn't even force myself to sell the rota circuit 8's lol so they are stayin. But in the pipe line is a full respray in the same original grey and at some point a different decat an exhaust :) Then see what happens.

Cheers for the comments folks, :)

jimmer

Member +
most recent state of road use,
jon44shotatfintona.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

And now i'm reduced back to this state of tune, albeit with lowered suspension whoich this pic hasn't lol. Really lookin forward to the re-spray!!! :)

P1010650-1.jpg

and thats the reason for the lack of engine pics, cause its all standard again lol. only outside change is the standard exhaust and no front nount :-(

Last edited:

Phil

Super Moderator
looking good jimmer, good to see your outa the 307! or that blasted white van lol

see you around!

Phil

jimmer

Member +
lol sorry jay, i'll get back to it lol.

Nah phil, still have the 307, and the vans lol, will have the 307 up for sale as soon as the GT is mot'd :)

where have you seen me in the van?? lol

jimmer

Member +
oh yeah i suppose you work up there don't ya? Yeah we are based there so prob can see me floating about a bit round there. Glad to be back mate, although i don't feel like i'm fully back untill i'm drivin the GT regularly lol

jimmer

Member +
indeed ted, i couldn't let go of her :)
not yet anyway, i want to have it lookin the way io always have, and now since i'm not chasing bhp or qtr mile times, i can get her sorted properly :)