just a quick pic of my engine bay after fitting new bits!

dac69er

Super Moderator
fitted apexi power intake and autobahn oil catch can today. also put my smoked side repeaters on but havnt got a pic of them yet.

what you think:

DSC00272.jpg

Greg0r

Member +
looking very good :)

Still reckon the heat shield would be better off showing the new manifold,

as the heat inst really going to after the intake now that you have relocated the filter

dac69er

Super Moderator
but it will increase the overall under bonnet heat! i may make a nice stainless steel one at work, but for now this one will do

C

CaL

i just noticed!!!wtf...heat sheild....show off that rare jam piece!!!lol

GTti

Member +
Nice, reasonably subtle, I don't quite understand the reason for uprating the top mount intercooler though.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
don't quite understand the reason for uprating the top mount intercooler though.

neither do i...

i would just save the money and go for a FMIC personally....

and before everybody starts, yes i know the pros of a TMIC, doesn't change the fact i still think its pretty pointless upgrading in that position.....

Not a bad lookin engine bay anyway

dac69er

Super Moderator
im getting a front mount, just taking my time and doing it properly. got the arc cooler for a very good price so thought i would try it out.strut brace is TRD, the paint is a bit shit though so going to repaint it when i can be arsed!

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Heat shield there for a reason! Dunc do you have any trouble with boost creep with your filter there or have you restrcited her? Looking really good, let me know when the bars arrive :)

Best Regards,

Toby

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Just get it ceramic coated mate, heat wrap and metal ties will be near or more cost wise than ceramic coating. You can choose different colours (we went for black) and you can coat the entire system including turbo exhaust housing, downpipe, side eixt/ or rest of exhaust system. Get a side exit exhaust, you'll save weight and pay less for the coating!

T

dac69er

Super Moderator
im not sure if i get much creep with this exact setup as i only fitted the filter yesterday and havnt really given it loads with the jam mani.

with a slightly different front mounted filter i did get creep though, but its not excessive, thats why im opting for a relief valve to try and stop overboosting!

and as toby said, the heatshield has a purpose, that is why i have kept it.