just bought a saxo vts this evening

very impressed with these wee cars have been looking for one for a while now and the right 1 came up.its totally standard and has very low miles for a 00 bodywork is mint and inside is like new

these cars are soo underestimated soo fun too drive and very fast

anyone have any experiences with these before..

only downfall is group 14 insurance

cheers dan

Paul-GlzV

Member +
group 14 cus so many wee shits write them off i personally prefer a 106 gti. put a cotton green or a simota ram air induction on it and a system along the lines of supersprint 4 branch and straight threw centre section an either a scorpion imola or supersprint magnum back box will free up a good few pony's and u get flames changin gears :p

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
ive got the 16v engine in my ax :D it goes well. but suffers from usual french gremlins.

im really impressed with it so far its a second car for everyday use.

vtr is a total different car too drive than a vtr i have a vtr turbo engine in my 206,

only thing id change is for citroen to put a steering wheel height adjuster as im tall and find it a bit small..

would i start a row if i said i think its shaper than a standard starlet .the vts second gear is a bit restrictive though

D

daz7505

why have you just bought a saxo. they are poorly put together with second rate parts and materials. engines are unreliable, body panels are wafer thin. interior is cheap and nasty.

ALaN

Member +
Sorry but the vts is possibly thee worst car I have ever owned! The handling was so twitchy at speed it was scary. They are quick I suppose but they wouldn't even touch a standard starlet turbo

dan_t

Fresh Recruit
I've driven a VTR that was sat on coilovers and the handling easily compared to my Starlet. I would say they have less body roll as standard too.

I've never had one because I know it would break on me though!

starbuck

Member +
Stick a Rotrex Supercharger in it and your laughing.

I did have one with 4 younguns in it give me a run for my money in my starlet (i was on me own)...... i wasn't gunning it but it was fast.

malcolmgt

Member +
mate had one of these, quite a nipey little car. similar speed to a standard turbo.

but to be just like every other french car it did actually fall apart and bits drop off it haha

easty-5

Member +
Lol at some of the comments on this thread.

Great little cars. 106 GTi is better though ;) It wasn't voted the 2nd best handling car of the shelf for nothing. Get a decent exhaust, manifold and induction kit and it will free up the engine quite a bit. They are easily faster than a standard Starlet, handling is on a different level too. Just a shame they have good old French reliability.

i just could'nt drive a french car,iv driven ford and hated it,vauxhall too,owned 2 toyotas and a honda and i just prefer the japanese way of car setup.when i drive non jap i use the wrong controls(wipers n indicators):confused:had a minted 190E 2L,bought it when i was 14 and kept it mint,it was nice to drive aswell.comfortable!

my mate had vts aswell,i think he loved it but had a 1997 corsa before so i suppose it would be the muts nuts compared to that:freddy:

if ur happy then ace man!

hope it dont die on ya:):drive:

turboflow

Member +
all the frnech cars seem to have the pedals too close together and i find myself pushing more than just the desired pedal lol